updating SPDX website FAQ page
As per some discussion on the general call today, the FAQ page on the website is in dire need of a refresh. https://spdx.dev/faq/
The legal team has made a copy of the text of the license list section of the FAQ in a Google doc and has begun to collect comments and suggestions. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WBV0f8L_ddUf9P3eUXMoCwQJiHSckWNA1ykNil8JxGY/edit#
Admittedly, having just read through the license list FAQs, they might need more of full revision than a few suggestions!
Ask for the general SPDX community:
1) re: the SPDX License List: are there ‘frequently asked questions’ related to the SPDX License List that you would like to see added to the FAQ? If so, could you please add them to the bottom of the Google doc at the link above (with your proposed answer, if you have one!)
2) Would someone like to create another Google doc for the other parts of the FAQ and being the same type of review?
legal team co-lead
Earlier this month there were a number of edits proposed on Google Docs
to the SPDX License List FAQs. Since the activity on that has now died
down a little, I've created a repository on GitHub containing a Markdown
version of the document.
I have included all of the changes that were proposed, as well as making
some improvements to the formatting (such as with inline links). Please
note that there were some comments that are still extant on Google Docs,
- Jilyane Lovejoy's suggestion on removing a paragraph in the 'Why does
it exist?' question,
- Warner Losh's comment that the explanation of the concluded and
declared license fields is confusing, and
- Alexios Zavras's comment questioning the relevance of the penultimate
question about license inclusion
As for myself, I have some further ideas myself that I'll suggest with
GitHub pull requests. To this end, if an administrator of the SPDX
organisation on GitHub is ready to accept a transfer of the repository
please let me know.
I hope this helps!