SPDX March General Meeting Minutes
· Attendance: 6
· Lead by Phil Odence
· Minutes of Feb meeting approved
Tech Team Report - notes sent by Kate
· Thomas continues to get closer on 2.1.1 release, most changes from Trevor merged now.
· Reviewed PURL proposal and concensus was to adopt for 2.2, after we see it finalize and be picked up by other projects.
· PURL is a a generalized way to specify a package.
· Discussion of multiple formats being supported (JSON, YAML, etc.), as long as there are translation tools, and we follow the RDF naming, agreement to introduce them in 2.2.
Outreach Team Report - Jack out
· Website migration- No update from the LF
· British Computer Society
· Open Source Group
· March 22
· Alexios presenting on SPDX
Legal Team Report - Bradlee
· 3.1 LL release, end of March
· Then back to 3 month cadence
· Jilayne working with FSF on status of their license evaluation
· For Summit Topics
· Use of GitHub for licenses and Spec
· Philipe ID’ed some licenses in the Kernel that are not in the list
· He’s putting together pull requests
· There are a number of others, the he believes might be candidate.
· He’ll prioritize and will “drip” to the Legal Team
· Also some discussion about what to do, if anything, about proprietary licenses
· Could be make sense to have a common identifier for commonly used ones
· Could conceivably use the same architecture for proprietary
· Also discussing a “relaxed” format.
· Not necessarily including all the checksums
· So could might introduce levels of SPDX compliance (A, AA, AAA…or something)
· Discussion of how to get more lawyers involved.
· Women lawyers would be particularly welcome
· Phil Odence, Black Duck/Synopsys
· Alexios Zavras, Intel
· Dennis Clark, NexB
· Steve Winslow, LF
· Bradlee Edmondson, Harvard
· Matthew Crawford, ARM