Below is the minutes from today’s general meeting. Meeting minutes are also available on the Wiki at http://wiki.spdx.org/view/General_Meeting/Minutes/2016-09-01
Please let me know if you see any errors or omissions.
· Attendance: 6
· Lead by Gary O'Neall
· Minutes of August meeting approved
Tech Team Report - Kate
· SPDX 2.1 all comment incorporated
· PDF should be available today
· Will follow-on with HTML later
· 1 1/2 month feedback cycle
· Tech office hours - should publish to general
· There will be a tools bake-off in Berlin on 6 Oct
· All tools providers are encouraged to attend or send in SPDX documents
· There will not be a west coast bake-off - the West Coast tools providers are encouraged to submit SPDX documents to the Berlin bake-off
Outreach Team Report - Jack
· Getting reading to go live with the new site
· Jack is working with the Linux Foundation to schedule a go-live date
· All updates to the new site have been completed
Legal Team Report - Jilayne
· Going through the XML conversion of the license list
· Action items for closing on the XML conversion is published
· Decided to do the next license list update around the end of Oct. which will use the new XML file format
Cross Functional Topics - Gary
· Discussion on whether the new XML license master list format is intended for external tools or to be used internal only to the Legal Team in producing the license list
· Gary recalled a discussion where we decided the first release of the XML format would be internal only
· Consensus that one of the overall goal of the XML format is to enable better tooling - the issue is only related to the phasing of the XML format implementation
· Some of the issues to external tool use would be the inconsistency in the element and property names with the SPDX specification
· Request that the technical team be involved if the XML format is to be used externally
· Will be discussed on the legal call
· Gary O'Neall
· Kate Stewart
· Jilayne Lovejoy
· Michael Stair
· Scott Sterling
· Paul Madick
Source Auditor Inc.
Thanks Gary, Sorry I had to leave mid way through the report.
Couple of minor adjustments to the minutes.
On Thu, Sep 1, 2016 at 10:40 AM, <gary@...> wrote:
The review window for SPDX 2.1 spec is now closed. Its been open for a 1.5 months, and feedback has tailed off.
Sr. Director of Strategic Programs, The Linux Foundation
Email / Google Talk: kstewart@...
|1 - 2 of 2|