Note: lists.spdx.org will be down for maintenance on Monday, September 26th, starting at 9AM Pacific Time (4PM Monday September 26, 2022 UTC), for approximately one hour.
- July General Meeting Minutes & IMPORTANT QUESTION
July General Meeting Minutes & IMPORTANT QUESTION
Please reply (not Reply All) and let me know if you are attending or may be attending LinuxCon.
We will have a ~half day face to face meeting, still zeroing in on Wed or Thursday, and want to make sure we have a sense for who will be there.
- Attendance: 8
- Lead by Phil Odence
- Minutes of June meeting approved
Biz Team Report - Jack
- Still working on University participation
- Still working on white papers
- What would you like to do with SPDX today website
- Help wanted section
- Wiki Meeting minutes summary pages- will file bug report
- No update on website statistics
- Still need to pick a date for the face to face at LinuxCon
Legal Team Report - Jilayne
- Based on 2.0 being release being pushed to LC Europe
- Decided to do interim LL is release
- 80 new licenses
- Exceptions will wait for 2.0
- Make splash on SPDX list
- Exploring announcemtn about Fedora list harmonization
- Paul has taken a pass 2.0 changes for Website
Tech Team Report - Kate (wrote in)
- work continues on spec. Have resolved the file types, file usage portions
- Can describe how a file is used (Static/dynamic)
- And file type
- decision made to not include the RDF vocabulary in the SPEC going forward, Gary was having issues regenerating it in form suitable for inclusion, and prefers to go with a different tool in future. Spec will be the master and refer to a static version, that
will be on web site.
- Previously copied into appendix
- So will just link to from spec, remove appendix
- RDF terms and licenses pages can’t change.
- Jack will create wikipage that has ground rules for changing the website.
Cross Functional Issues – Phil
- Working with Apache
- Gary developed a Maven plugin to auto-generate an SPDX file
- Getting some help from ASF members, but not a lot of pull
- Now looking to attached to another group within Maven
- Phil Odence, Black Duck
- Scott Sterling, Palamida
- Jilanyne Lovejoy, ARM
- Jack Manbeck, TI
- Paul Madick, HP
- Tom Incorvia, Microfocus
- Gary O'Neall, Source Auditor
- Pierre LaPonte, nexB