Topics

artifactof proposal ratified... but couldn't post comment (Martin?)


Bill Schineller
 

Per our call, I attempted to comment on the ratification of the artifactof proposal by commenting on the wiki page

http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-3-artifactof


Unfortunately, the wiki told me my comment triggered the spam filter and wouldn’t save it.
Here is the comment (Martin?)

“2010-11-18 general call feedback

By choosing to reference DOAP model, we are tacitly approving that an SPDX document may include with it additional information which is in the DOAP vocabulary.

We are requiring that an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser be able to understand only the 2 fields from DOAP (name and homepage).

If additional information from DOAP is included within the SPDX document, an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser may silently ignore the additional information.

Folks on the 2010-11-18 general call accepted the ArtifactOf proposal, and rejected the 'File origin' proposal.”





On 11/17/10 5:23 PM, "Philip Odence" <podence@...> wrote:

Meeting Time: Nov18, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:
Conference code:  7812589502
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada):  (877) 435-0230
International dial-in number: (253) 336-6732
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be found: https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?
<https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?> ownerNumber=6053870&audioType=RP&viewGa=false&ga=OFF
Web:
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of taking attendance. When you login PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME IN THIS FORM: Phil Odence, Black Duck Software so I can just copy/paste into minutes. THX.
http://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx8nov10/


Administrative Agenda
Attendance
Approval of minutes
   http://www.spdx.org/wiki/20101104-minutes
Outreach and evangelism:
Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
Industry Venues – PhilR
Website – PhilO/Martin (defer to Org Structure discussion)
Roll Out Update - KimW/JohnE
Legal Update - Rockett
SPDX Group Organizational Structure - PhilO

Action Items
Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in the Wiki. http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/specification
• Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec.  ON HOLD FOR MARTIN TO PROVIDE PRIVS; SHOULD BE UNDERWAY
• Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification  DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK
• PeterW- Implement issue tracking system.  BLOCKED ON KATE
• Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
• Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
• Phil R - Update Industry Events. IN PROCESS
• Rockett- Mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list. WAITING FOR SIGNOFF BY LF
• Rockett- Query status of trademark application TBD
• Kim- Send out invite for next licensing meeting. DONE. WILL INCLUDE FOLKS FROM DEBIAN.
• All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
• All- If you can't attend meeting, post feedback/vote to list on 5.6/5.7 proposals. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MTG.
• Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
• All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
• Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TBD

Technical Agenda
Spec Status Update- Kate
License Group Update- Kim
RDF Group Update- Bill
Resolution on recommendation of proposal 2 by RDF team
[1]: <http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-2-file-origin>
[2]: <http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-3-artifactof>
Repository Changes- Kate



L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502
podence@...
http://www.blackducksoftware.com
http://twitter.com/podence
http://www.linkedin.com/in/podence
http://www.networkworld.com/community/odence (my blog)



Bill Schineller
Knowledge Base Manager
Black Duck Software Inc.
T: +1.781.810.1829
F: +1.781.891.5145
E: bschineller@...
http://www.blackducksoftware.com


Martin Michlmayr
 

I'm not sure why the system would flag this comment as spam but the
logs confirm that it did. I changed a setting so that comments marked
as spam are no longer discarded; instead they require manual approval.
Please post the comment again and I'll approve it.

* Bill Schineller <bschineller@...> [2010-11-18 17:01]:

Per our call, I attempted to comment on the ratification of the artifactof proposal by commenting on the wiki page

http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-3-artifactof


Unfortunately, the wiki told me my comment triggered the spam filter and wouldn’t save it.
Here is the comment (Martin?)

“2010-11-18 general call feedback

“By choosing to reference DOAP model, we are tacitly approving that an SPDX document may include with it additional information which is in the DOAP vocabulary.

We are requiring that an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser be able to understand only the 2 fields from DOAP (name and homepage).

If additional information from DOAP is included within the SPDX document, an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser may silently ignore the additional information.

Folks on the 2010-11-18 general call accepted the ArtifactOf proposal, and rejected the 'File origin' proposal.”





On 11/17/10 5:23 PM, "Philip Odence" <podence@...> wrote:

Meeting Time: Nov18, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:
Conference code: 7812589502
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada): (877) 435-0230
International dial-in number: (253) 336-6732
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be found: https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do? <https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?> ownerNumber=6053870&audioType=RP&viewGa=false&ga=OFF
Web:
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of taking attendance. When you login PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME IN THIS FORM: Phil Odence, Black Duck Software so I can just copy/paste into minutes. THX. http://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx8nov10/


Administrative Agenda
Attendance
Approval of minutes
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/20101104-minutes
Outreach and evangelism:
Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
Industry Venues – PhilR
Website – PhilO/Martin (defer to Org Structure discussion)
Roll Out Update - KimW/JohnE
Legal Update - Rockett
SPDX Group Organizational Structure - PhilO

Action Items
Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in the Wiki. http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/specification
• Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. ON HOLD FOR MARTIN TO PROVIDE PRIVS; SHOULD BE UNDERWAY
• Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK
• PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
• Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
• Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
• Phil R - Update Industry Events. IN PROCESS
• Rockett- Mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list. WAITING FOR SIGNOFF BY LF
• Rockett- Query status of trademark application TBD
• Kim- Send out invite for next licensing meeting. DONE. WILL INCLUDE FOLKS FROM DEBIAN.
• All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
• All- If you can't attend meeting, post feedback/vote to list on 5.6/5.7 proposals. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MTG.
• Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
• All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
• Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TBD

Technical Agenda
Spec Status Update- Kate
License Group Update- Kim
RDF Group Update- Bill
Resolution on recommendation of proposal 2 by RDF team
[1]: <http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-2-file-origin>
[2]: <http://www.spdx.org/wiki/proposal-2010-10-21-3-artifactof>
Repository Changes- Kate



L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502
podence@...
http://www.blackducksoftware.com
http://twitter.com/podence
http://www.linkedin.com/in/podence
http://www.networkworld.com/community/odence (my blog)



Bill Schineller
Knowledge Base Manager
Black Duck Software Inc.
T: +1.781.810.1829
F: +1.781.891.5145
E: bschineller@...
http://www.blackducksoftware.com
--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard