SPDX "Online Validation Tools" and "Fossology+SPDX Tools"
as part of some research work we are performing between the University of Cyprus (UCY) and the Otto-von-Guericke-Universität Magdeburg (OVGU) we have some relevant activities to some projects indicated in:
Specifically, we would like to contact:
- Gary O'Neall for the "Online Validation Tools"
- Matt Germonprez for the Fossology+SPDX Tools"
If there are any advancements in these projects, we would like to have an answer on this in this post if possible.
Dr.-Ing. Georgia M. Kapitsaki
Dept. of Computer Science
University of Cyprus
Matt Germonprez <germonprez@...>
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Thanks for your interest. Here at the University of Nebraska at Omaha we maintain the code related to FOSSology+SPDX. You can find a public instance of the project here:
You can find the current source and installation here:
We have several things that we are considering regarding FOSSology+SPDX right now including:
1) Interface redesign. Right now, the interface assumes detailed knowledge of the SPDX 1.2 spec. We would like to design an interface that not only produces valid SPDX documents but also educates a user about the current spec.
2) Post-production of SPDX documents loaded to a central SPDX repository. Currently, SPDX documents are downloaded to the user on a one-by-one basis. The SPDX repository would serve as a central DB by which SPDX documents could then be explored, modified, signed-off, or assigned to products.
3) Accommodation for the SPDX 2.0 Specification
We are very open to new improvements or ideas and welcome your input. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 6:45 AM, Georgia Kapitsaki <gkapi@...> wrote:
Hi Georgia,toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
The Online Validation Tools will likely be based on the SPDX libraries. The
source for these libraries can be found at
http://git.spdx.org/?p=spdx-tools.git;a=summary and the binary downloads can
be found at http://spdx.org/spdx-tools/tools-from-the-spdx-workgroup
The validation tools will be based on the SPDX specifications found at
Let me know if you have any additional questions.
To keep the traffic down, we should move this discussion off of the general list. Thanks.toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
On Mar 10, 2014, at 7:12 PM, "Gary O'Neall" <gary@...> wrote: