Date

Re: SPDX Agenda/Minutes

dmg

From the minutes:

Our implicit path had tied a fixed license list of licenses to the
spec rev, but JohnE put forth an impassioned argument as to why they
should be decouples...

I throw my support behind JohnE proposal. It addresses many of the
issues I have discussed before.

--dmg

(hopefully I can make wake up in time for the meeting, but it is tough
to only have 5 hrs of sleep :)

On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Philip Odence
<podence@...> wrote:
Per discussion late meeting, agendas will be going out in bodies of emails
and minutes will go out as links to archive at spdx.org.
I'll strive to get minutes out a week in advance, though I'm behind this
time. Here's where they are posted (note that Kate is still editing, so they
won't be final until tonight) http://www.spdx.org/wiki/minutes-26aug2010
Meeting Time: Sept 9, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 GMT

Conf call dial-in:
NOTE: THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT FROM PAST NUMBERS AND WILL BE CHANGING IN THE
FUTURE.
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be
found: https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?ownerNumber=6053870&audioType=RP&viewGa=false&ga=OFF
Web:
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of
taking attendance. When you login please include your full name and company
name, so I can just copy/pate into minutes. THX.
http://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx9sept10/

Approval of minutes
Outreach and evangelism:

Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO

Industry Venues – PhilR

Website – PhilO/Martin

Roll Out Plans - KimW/JohnE

Action Items
Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in
the Wiki. http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/specification

• PhilO/Martin - Update on participation page where to join (suggestion was
to put link in text, not just at top, consider "I want to use the spec, vs.
I want to contribute to the spec" in navigation section.
• Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI.
• PhilO- Update standard presentation with LinuxCon2010 input
• Kate- Clean up the sharing analysis to what is accurate.
• Kate- Publish the current version number of the specification in brackets
behind reference
• Kim/PhilO- Add and element of 'What's in this for me?" to presentation
• JeffL (w/Bill/Gary- Update zlib based on new specification
• All- Look for new examples to add to site.
• PhilK- Explore possibility of LF hosting source for SPDX tools.
• Gary- Explore other possible hosting options
• PhilO- Start making minutes available via link.
• BillS- Start up RDF sub-group. Solicite members.

Technical Agenda

SPEC - current status and open areas - Kate
RDF focus group - current status - Bill
Tools - update from Gary, and others.

L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502
podence@...
http://www.blackducksoftware.com
http://twitter.com/podence
http://www.linkedin.com/in/podence
http://www.networkworld.com/community/odence (my blog)

--dmg

---
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org

SPDX Agenda/Minutes

Philip Odence

[...]

Attendance
[...]

Re: Issue tracking

Martin Michlmayr

The Linux Foundation has a Bugzilla instance that we should be able to
use.

* Peter Williams <peter.williams@...> [2010-09-07 16:25]:

Now that the technical sub-group has initiated its work i think it would
be worth having a issue tracking system. This would allow us to
reliably track issues with the spec and to make sure nothing falls
through the cracks.

Peter Williams
<http://openlogic.com>
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard

Issue tracking

Peter Williams <peter.williams@...>

Now that the technical sub-group has initiated its work i think it would be worth having a issue tracking system. This would allow us to reliably track issues with the spec and to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Peter Williams
<http://openlogic.com>

Re: SPDX RDF 'sub-group' meeting Tues Sept 7 invitation details

Bruno Cornec <Bruno.Cornec@...>

Hello,

I may be able to attend the last half-hour of the talk, if my previous
conf call with my partner doesn't extend to much :-(.

Bruno.

kate.stewart@... said on Thu, Sep 02, 2010 at 10:10:20PM -0700:

Hi Bill,
    I can attend, and want to be considered part of the working group.

Thanks, Kate

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

anybody has been successful at using Ninka?

dmg

hi everybody,

Is anybody being successful at building and using ninka? So far I have
not heard from anybody (neither good or bad news).

Based on feedback we are planning to make a wider release.

thanks again!

--dmg

--
Daniel M. German
http://turingmachine.org/

[...]

Re: shout out re: SPDX RDF 'sub-group'

Gary O'Neall

[...]

Jeff Luszcz

This will work for me.

Jeff

[...]

Re: CeCILL licences

kate.stewart@...

Bonjour Patrick,

CeCILL licenses have been mentioned before by others as well, so unless someone objects I'll just add them to the next draft with some of the others that have been discussed and advocated as candidates for 1.0 on the maillist.

Thank you for your input.

Merci,
Kate