Date   

Asset Description Metadata Schema for Software (ADMS.F/OSS) project

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@...>
 

Hi.

I'm not sure this is known to participants of SPDX, and haven't been
involved myself in ADMS.F/OSS, but I though there could be quite some
overlap between both.

FYI, feel free to check :
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms_foss/description and maybe try to
talk to them about SPDX.

"ADMS.F/OSS is an XML and RDF vocabulary to describe software, in
particular free and open-source software (F/OSS), making it possible to
more easily search and discover software. The ADMS.F/OSS specification
is still under development."

It is developped in the frame of an EC (European Community) programme
for interoperability between public administrations (more on the page
above).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis (http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry (France)


A couple of topics from biz team

Kim Weins
 

Hi everyone

I wanted to share a couple of updates from the biz team that are relevant for everyone.

    • We got an update for the web team.  Setting up the hierarchy for the new website has taken a bit longer, but should be ready by next Thursday’s General Meeting (1/12).  At that time, we will get out instructions on how to move content.

    • Idea for a meeting to socialize SPDX to more companies in the supply chain
      • I talked with Mark Radcliffe over the holidays and we came up with the idea of having a seminar/meeting that is targeted at companies in the supply chain that are potential users of SPDX.  
      • The goal would be to socialize SPDX more broadly and to engage more companies in using SPDX as part of their compliance processes.  
      • We are thinking of a 1/2 to 3/4 day meeting in the Bay Area, potentially scheduled right after the LF Collaboration Summit.  
      • We plan to discuss this idea more at the general meeting next week — so come with your ideas and thoughts.
   
Kim



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


NEW NOTICE -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 4-January-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

Happy New Year!!!

I am attempting to formulate the agenda for today's call, however, all open items are still being worked since folks are just returning from holiday.

Hence, lets cancelled today's call and meet next week same time, same place (11-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT).

I will forward a calendar invite later this AM.

Many thanks,

Rockett


Re: REMINDER -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 4-January-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

Happy New Year!!!

I am attempting to formulate the agenda for today's call, however, all open items are still being worked since folks are just returning from holiday.

Hence, lets cancelled today's call and meet next week same time, same place (11-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT).

I will forward a calendar invite later this AM.

Many thanks,

Rockett



Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Michael Herzog said that Philippe Ombredanne from nexB may be able to
present.

Michael and Guillaume -- can the two of you coordinate and make sure someone
submits a talk? Or you could even speak together.

Kim



On Tue 1/3/12 9:02 AM, "Guillaume Rousseau"
<guillaume.rousseau@...> wrote:

Richard, Kim,
Probably one or two people from Antelink will attend FOSDEM this
year.
Do you need extra talk submission ?
Guillaume

Le 16/12/11 16:42, Kim
Weins a écrit :
Richard - Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good
opportunity.

SPDXers -- Anyone planning to attend FOSDEM? How about some
of our
European-located members?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 10:57 AM,
"Richard Fontana"<rfontana@...> wrote:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not
listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a
sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the
first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize:
CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

-
Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins
wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we
would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that
anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about
use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are
planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and
would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as
many
events as possible.

This list is also available at
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android
Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit
a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan –
Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon
Europe – Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012
Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov -
Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall
Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650
279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter
@openlogic

_______________________________________________
Spdx
mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

Kim Weins | Senior Vice
President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter
@KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow
OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic



_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list

Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

--
Guillaume ROUSSEAU

Antelink, Open Source Gouvernance
Architects
http://www.antelink.com/

_________________________________________
______
Spdx mailing
list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

guillaume.rousseau@antelink.com
 

Richard, Kim,
Probably one or two people from Antelink will attend FOSDEM this year.
Do you need extra talk submission ?
Guillaume

Le 16/12/11 16:42, Kim Weins a écrit :
Richard - Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good opportunity.

SPDXers -- Anyone planning to attend FOSDEM? How about some of our
European-located members?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 10:57 AM, "Richard Fontana"<rfontana@...> wrote:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize: CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

- Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as
many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic

_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
--
Guillaume ROUSSEAU

Antelink, Open Source Gouvernance Architects
http://www.antelink.com/


REMINDER -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 27-December-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

I hope and trust your holiday is going great.

As a reminder and as discussed at our last meeting, the SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting Schedule for tomorrow (27-December-2011) is cancelled due to the holiday.

Our next meeting will be 4-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT.

Many thanks,

Rockett


Canceled Event: SPDX Legal Workstream Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 28 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

SPDX Legal Workstream Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

Cancelled until the New Year.
When
Wed Dec 28 8am – 9am Pacific Time
Where
Conference Bridge 1.877.825.8522 PIN:0376146 (map)
Calendar
spdx@...
Who
mgia3940@... - organizer
amanda.brock@... - creator
sadams@...
tony.gomes@...
feb.cabrasawan@...
rfontana@...
jmcbroom@...
Alexandra.Siegel@...
linda.shih@...
mpierovi@...
kathleen.mullins@...
rtiller@...
JOHN ELLIS
alastern@...
Mikko.Amper@...
adcohn@...
paul.madick@...
ilardi@...
areid@...
tom.incorvia@...
Mansour Ghomeshi
smortin@...
owen.james.boyle@...
scott.k.peterson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
bgieseman@...
Guy.Colpitts@...
pmcbride@...
tcarlson@...
spaek@...
andrew.wilson@...
barbara.reilly@...
jwacha@...
Brian Kahin
mrc@...
andrew.updegrove@...
vmah@...
mccoy.smith@...
ssemel@...
gsjones@...
kcopenhaver@...
spdx@...
spdx-legal-request@...

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account spdx@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Re: SPDX at Eclipsecon 2012 - BOF Session

Mahshad Koohgoli
 

So, here is the summary of what we could do at EclipseCon 2012 – tx to Mike Milinkovich and Anne Jacko of Eclipse.

 

a)    We have a tentative timeslot for 7 pm on Wednesday 28th March, right after an Eclipse reception.

b)    They need to know the numbers- how many people we expect to attend the BOF- so they can get the right room for us. The cut-off is 15th January.

c)     Once we have an indication of the BOF participants, then we can socialize it (through spdx channels/tweets/blogs).  Also Ian, of Eclipse marketing, will help us spread the word through Eclipse blogs, newsletters etc (thank you Ian).

 

Questions I need help with:

1)    What’s the best way to see how many will be interested in attending the BOF?  A poll through spdxxxxx@fossbazaar? Any other channels we could use?

2)    BOF session title?  How about “What’s Happening with SPDX”? (in fact better to expand SPDX in case there are still souls out there that do not know).  A better, more catchy title, would help!

 

Mahshad

 

 

From: Kim Weins [mailto:kim.weins@...]
Sent: 16-December-11 9:36 AM
To: Mahshad Koohgoli; SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

Mahshad — Are you going to be there?

If so, would you be willing to organize the BOF?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 1:44 PM, "Mahshad Koohgoli" <koohgoli@...> wrote:

I think this is a good opportunity to create awareness in  Eclipse community. A BOF is a great idea. Any other takers?
 
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: 15-December-11 1:56 PM
To: 'Kim Weins'; 'SPDX'; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: RE: SPDX at 2012 Events

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012

  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland --  
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com <http://www.openlogic.com>
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Mahshad Koohgoli
 

I can organize the BOF, but I’ll need help from the team, in putting out the communication and letting the Eclipse Con participants, and the interested parties in general, know about it.

 

Mike, need help from you on the logistics (what time slot/day, location). Let me know what you can do.

 

Kim, shall we discuss in the next call?

 

rgrds

 

From: Kim Weins [mailto:kim.weins@...]
Sent: 16-December-11 9:36 AM
To: Mahshad Koohgoli; SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

Mahshad — Are you going to be there?

If so, would you be willing to organize the BOF?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 1:44 PM, "Mahshad Koohgoli" <koohgoli@...> wrote:

I think this is a good opportunity to create awareness in  Eclipse community. A BOF is a great idea. Any other takers?
 
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: 15-December-11 1:56 PM
To: 'Kim Weins'; 'SPDX'; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: RE: SPDX at 2012 Events

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012

  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland --  
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com <http://www.openlogic.com>
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Richard - Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good opportunity.

SPDXers -- Anyone planning to attend FOSDEM? How about some of our
European-located members?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 10:57 AM, "Richard Fontana" <rfontana@...> wrote:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize: CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

- Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as
many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: Help needed with website update

Kim Weins
 

That would be great.  I’ll add your name.

Kim


On Fri 12/16/11 7:46 AM, "Jack Manbeck" <j-manbeck2@...> wrote:

Kim,
 
I’ll take a few sections. How about the rest of the Intro ones.
 
Jack
 

Texas Instruments
www.ti.com <http://www.ti.com>
Main: (301) 407-9569
Cell:   (703) 386-6510


From: spdx-tech-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-tech-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:33 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: Help needed with website update

Hi All

We will be rolling out the new version of the website in early January.  We will have the new website up in parallel from Mon Dec 19 – Fri Jan 6 to move content over from the old site to the new site.  

We are looking for volunteers to own sections of the new site and be responsible for moving content over or filling in new content where needed.  Below are the lists of sections or subsections of the new site and the volunteers so far.  We’d like to get volunteers on each of these.  Please let me know if you are able to take a section.  We will provide detailed instructions on what you need to do and no special technical or HTML skills are needed.

You can review the mindmap for the new website at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx-web-site-mind-maps
You can review the assignment list at  http://www.spdx.org/wiki/website-content-assignments

Kim

  • Intro to SPDX
    • Background -- Phil O
    • Membership -
    • How to Participate
    • Roles & Responsibilities
  • Documentation
    • Current Specification -
    • FAQs - Mark Gisi
    • Archive Specs
    • Whitepapers/Tutorials/Other Content - Kim
    • Beta Collateral - Kim
    • Launch Collateral - Kim
  • Tools -- Gary
  • Current Activities
    • Beta Test  Kim
    • SPDX Launch - Kim
  • WorkGroups
    • General - Phil O
    • Technical -
    • Legal
    • Business - Kim
    • Website Refresh - Web Team
  • Calendar
  • Blogs & Discussion
  • Finding your way around this site



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: Help needed with website update

Manbeck, Jack
 

Kim,

 

I’ll take a few sections. How about the rest of the Intro ones.

 

Jack

 

Texas Instruments

www.ti.com

Main: (301) 407-9569

Cell:   (703) 386-6510


From: spdx-tech-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-tech-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2011 11:33 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: Help needed with website update

 

Hi All

We will be rolling out the new version of the website in early January.  We will have the new website up in parallel from Mon Dec 19 – Fri Jan 6 to move content over from the old site to the new site.  

We are looking for volunteers to own sections of the new site and be responsible for moving content over or filling in new content where needed.  Below are the lists of sections or subsections of the new site and the volunteers so far.  We’d like to get volunteers on each of these.  Please let me know if you are able to take a section.  We will provide detailed instructions on what you need to do and no special technical or HTML skills are needed.

You can review the mindmap for the new website at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx-web-site-mind-maps
You can review the assignment list at  http://www.spdx.org/wiki/website-content-assignments

Kim

  • Intro to SPDX
    • Background -- Phil O
    • Membership -
    • How to Participate
    • Roles & Responsibilities
  • Documentation
    • Current Specification -
    • FAQs - Mark Gisi
    • Archive Specs
    • Whitepapers/Tutorials/Other Content - Kim
    • Beta Collateral - Kim
    • Launch Collateral - Kim
  • Tools -- Gary
  • Current Activities
    • Beta Test  Kim
    • SPDX Launch - Kim
  • WorkGroups
    • General - Phil O
    • Technical -
    • Legal
    • Business - Kim
    • Website Refresh - Web Team
  • Calendar
  • Blogs & Discussion
  • Finding your way around this site




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Mahshad — Are you going to be there?

If so, would you be willing to organize the BOF?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 1:44 PM, "Mahshad Koohgoli" <koohgoli@...> wrote:

I think this is a good opportunity to create awareness in  Eclipse community. A BOF is a great idea. Any other takers?
 
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: 15-December-11 1:56 PM
To: 'Kim Weins'; 'SPDX'; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: RE: SPDX at 2012 Events

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012
  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland --  
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com <http://www.openlogic.com>
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Tom

That would be awesome.

I also have an update for you on the licensing issue of data in SPDX files.
We've taken your feedback and that of others and made some changes to the
licensing that I think you will like. I'll send a separate email with the
details soon.

Kim



On Thu 12/15/11 11:39 AM, "Tom Callaway" <tcallawa@...> wrote:

On 12/15/2011 11:42 AM, Kim Weins wrote:

o FUDCon ­ Jan VA
I'll be at FUDCon, and would be willing to go through a basic abstract
(while not committing Fedora to anything).

~tom

==
Fedora Project

Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Ciaran Farrell
 

Hi Richard,

we (SUSE's product legal team) were thinking of going to FOSDEM specifically for the legal devroom. It'd be great if there was a SPDX talk there...

Ciaran

Am Thu 15 Dec 2011 18:57:25 CET schrieb Richard Fontana <rfontana@...>:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize: CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

- Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


• LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
• Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Mahshad Koohgoli
 

I think this is a good opportunity to create awareness in  Eclipse community. A BOF is a great idea. Any other takers?

 

 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: 15-December-11 1:56 PM
To: 'Kim Weins'; 'SPDX'; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: RE: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.

 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012

  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland -- 
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Mike Milinkovich
 

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.

 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012

  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland -- 
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Tom "spot" Callaway
 

On 12/15/2011 11:42 AM, Kim Weins wrote:

o FUDCon – Jan VA
I'll be at FUDCon, and would be willing to go through a basic abstract
(while not committing Fedora to anything).

~tom

==
Fedora Project


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Richard Fontana
 

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize: CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

- Richard

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


• LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
• Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

1101 - 1120 of 1598