Date   

Business Team Meeting Highlights/Minutes

Kim Weins
 


Biz Team Minutes now available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/business-team-meeting-agendaminutes-2012-01-19

Topics covered and highlights
  • Web Site – instructions will be out soon on website switchover
  • Update on CC0 "license" feedback – Kim sent email to community people, 1 responded with “like”
  • EclipseCon BOF – Mahshad and Chuck are organizing BOF at EclipseCon
  • Software Supply Chain Summit – shooting for April 6.  Kim to discuss with LF    
  • License List Process – We reviewed our notes and updated,  Goal is to finish implementation by end of Q2
  • Enterprise Adoption issues – We discussed how to get enterprises to start adopting SPDX


Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@...>
 

On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 15:59:11 -0700, "Kim Weins" <kim.weins@...> wrote:
Hi Olivier

I don't know of anyone planning to attend and present at this point. Would
you want to submit a presentation?
First, I'm not sure I'll go to Hammamet (depends on paper submission
acceptance, etc.).

But also, I'm mostly just a lurker on SPDX lists, so far, so I don't feel
much qualified to (re)present the project.

Best regards,

--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis (http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry (France)


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Hi Olivier

I don't know of anyone planning to attend and present at this point. Would
you want to submit a presentation?

Kim


On Tue 1/17/12 3:18 PM, "Olivier Berger" <olivier.berger@...>
wrote:

Hi.
Is anyone planing to attend OSS 2012 and (re-)present SPDX there :

The
8th International Conference on Open Source Systems
http://oss2012.org/

My 2
cents,
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:57:25 -0500, Richard Fontana
<rfontana@...> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim
Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events
where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few
abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to
have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.
If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's
not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim
know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can
cover as many
events as possible.

This list is also available at
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android
Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit
a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun
Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe –
Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons
willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id:
2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis
(http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry
(France)
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing
list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@...>
 

Hi.

Is anyone planing to attend OSS 2012 and (re-)present SPDX there :

The 8th International Conference on Open Source Systems
http://oss2012.org/

My 2 cents,

On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 12:57:25 -0500, Richard Fontana <rfontana@...> wrote:
On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


• LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
• Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis (http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry (France)


New SPDX Website: Training Jan 17

Kim Weins
 

Hi everyone

We are very close to starting the conversion to the new SPDX website.  The web team has scheduled a training session for next Tuesday, Jan 17 at 9 PT/12 ET to go over the “how tos” of the conversion.

This is a great session for anyone that has volunteered to help with moving content over (or wants to volunteer) and anyone that is involved in creating/maintaining content on the site.

The session will be recorded and written instructions will also be provided for those who cannot attend.  See dial in details below.

Kim

---------------------------------------------

From: stcroppe@...

Steven Cropper invites you to an online meeting using WebEx.

Meeting Number: 204 260 823
Meeting Password: 1

-------------------------------------------------------
To join this meeting (Now from mobile devices!)
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Go to https://cisco.webex.com/cisco/j.php?J=204260823&PW=NZWI5MTU4ZWVk
2. Enter the meeting password: 1
3. Click "Join Now".
4. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.


----------------------------------------------------------------
ALERT:Toll-Free Dial Restrictions for (408) and (919) Area Codes
----------------------------------------------------------------

The affected toll free numbers are: (866) 432-9903 for the San Jose/Milpitas area and (866) 349-3520 for the RTP area.

Please dial the local access number for your area from the list below:
-  San Jose/Milpitas (408) area:  525-6800
-  RTP (919) area:  392-3330

-------------------------------------------------------
To join the teleconference only
-------------------------------------------------------
1. Dial into Cisco WebEx (view all Global Access Numbers at
http://cisco.com/en/US/about/doing_business/conferencing/index.html
2. Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting Number (listed above) or Access Code followed by the # sign.

San Jose, CA: +1.408.525.6800  RTP: +1.919.392.3330

US/Canada: +1.866.432.9903  United Kingdom: +44.20.8824.0117

India: +91.80.4350.1111  Germany: +49.619.6773.9002

Japan: +81.3.5763.9394  China: +86.10.8515.5666

http://www.webex.com

CCP:+14085256800x204260823#

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.  



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


SPDX Call right now on a different number

Kim Weins
 

Per Phil’s earlier email

Dial in
866-740-1260
ID 2404502

Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: Asset Description Metadata Schema for Software (ADMS.F/OSS) project

Philip Odence
 

Thanks for bringing it to our attention, Olivier, we will take a look at it.

On Jan 11, 2012, at 11:39 AM, "Olivier Berger" <olivier.berger@...> wrote:

Hi.

I'm not sure this is known to participants of SPDX, and haven't been
involved myself in ADMS.F/OSS, but I though there could be quite some
overlap between both.

FYI, feel free to check :
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms_foss/description and maybe try to
talk to them about SPDX.

"ADMS.F/OSS is an XML and RDF vocabulary to describe software, in
particular free and open-source software (F/OSS), making it possible to
more easily search and discover software. The ADMS.F/OSS specification
is still under development."

It is developped in the frame of an EC (European Community) programme
for interoperability between public administrations (more on the page
above).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis (http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry (France)

_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


Re: FSF and SPDX

Kim Weins
 

Hi John

We have 3 main workstreams - technical, legal and business. Each has a
separate mailing list and meeting schedule. We also have the general
mailing list and meeting where we bring together all 3 topics.

If your feedback is about the specifics of the spec itself, then you can
probably start with the tech mailing list (spdx-tech@...). They
will respond and can give you some idea of whether your requests are already
on the radar or not.

If it's more general, you can share it with the general mailing list (the
one you used for this email).

Add yourself to mailing lists here:
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/participation-guidelines

If you'd prefer to talk via phone, let me know and we can do a quick call to
get you plugged into the right people and areas.

We also have a general meeting tomorrow (11ET), so you are welcome to attend
and bring your issues up there.
Call in number: 866-740-1260
ID: 2404502

Kim Weins
Lead for SPDX Business Workstream


On Wed 1/11/12 10:38 AM, "John Sullivan" <johns@...> wrote:

Hi folks,

The Free Software Foundation is interested in SPDX and possibly using it
for an upcoming project. But, we have a few issues we'd like to talk
about where we think there could be some improvements. What's the best
way and place for me to communicate those?

-john

Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Thursday SPDX General Meeting Reminder - NOTE ONE TIME DIFFERENT DIALIN INFO

Philip Odence
 

I am traveling and Kim has graciously offered to host this one. We will be using her bridge. This is a one time change; for future sessions we should be back on mine.

Thanks,
Phil


Meeting Time: December 15, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 15:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:
Dial in 
866-740-1260
ID 2404502
 
Administrative Agenda
Attendance

Technical Team Report - Kate

Legal Team Report - Rockett/Karen

Business Team Report - Kim

Cross Functional Issues - All
Website, etc.


FSF and SPDX

John Sullivan
 

Hi folks,

The Free Software Foundation is interested in SPDX and possibly using it
for an upcoming project. But, we have a few issues we'd like to talk
about where we think there could be some improvements. What's the best
way and place for me to communicate those?

-john

--
John Sullivan | Executive Director, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: 61A0963B | http://identi.ca/johnsu01 | http://fsf.org/blogs/RSS

Do you use free software? Donate to join the FSF and support freedom at
<http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=8096>.


Re: SPDX at Eclipsecon 2012 - BOF Session

Samuel Langlois <samuel.langlois@...>
 

Thank you Mahshad for organizing the BoF at EclipseCon.

I think the goal of this BoF is to gather as many people as possible,
to gain more visibility for SPDX... and bring more companies in!

If you are interested, Antelink can help trigger the discussion, by
presenting briefly what SPDX is, making a few demos of the tools
and explaining how it can be integrated into the development process.
Will be possible to show some slides in the room?

About the title, I would go with the following, so that everyone feels interested:
"Software Package Data Exchange (SPDX): what it is, and what is happening with it."

Thanks and best regards

Samuel


So, here is the summary of what we could do at EclipseCon 2012 - tx to Mike
Milinkovich and Anne Jacko of Eclipse.


a) We have a tentative timeslot for 7 pm on Wednesday 28th March, right
after an Eclipse reception.

b) They need to know the numbers- how many people we expect to attend the
BOF- so they can get the right room for us. The cut-off is 15th January.

c) Once we have an indication of the BOF participants, then we can
socialize it (through spdx channels/tweets/blogs). Also Ian, of Eclipse
marketing, will help us spread the word through Eclipse blogs, newsletters
etc (thank you Ian).


Questions I need help with:

1) What's the best way to see how many will be interested in attending
the BOF? A poll throughspdxxxxx at fossbazaar <https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx-tech>? Any other channels we could
use?

2) BOF session title? How about "What's Happening with SPDX"? (in fact
better to expand SPDX in case there are still souls out there that do not
know). A better, more catchy title, would help!



Mahshad
--
Samuel Langlois
CTO - Antelink
18 rue Yves Toudic - 75010 Paris
http://www.antelink.com/


Asset Description Metadata Schema for Software (ADMS.F/OSS) project

Olivier Berger <olivier.berger@...>
 

Hi.

I'm not sure this is known to participants of SPDX, and haven't been
involved myself in ADMS.F/OSS, but I though there could be quite some
overlap between both.

FYI, feel free to check :
https://joinup.ec.europa.eu/asset/adms_foss/description and maybe try to
talk to them about SPDX.

"ADMS.F/OSS is an XML and RDF vocabulary to describe software, in
particular free and open-source software (F/OSS), making it possible to
more easily search and discover software. The ADMS.F/OSS specification
is still under development."

It is developped in the frame of an EC (European Community) programme
for interoperability between public administrations (more on the page
above).

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
--
Olivier BERGER
http://www-public.it-sudparis.eu/~berger_o/ - OpenPGP-Id: 2048R/5819D7E8
Ingenieur Recherche - Dept INF
Institut TELECOM, SudParis (http://www.it-sudparis.eu/), Evry (France)


A couple of topics from biz team

Kim Weins
 

Hi everyone

I wanted to share a couple of updates from the biz team that are relevant for everyone.

    • We got an update for the web team.  Setting up the hierarchy for the new website has taken a bit longer, but should be ready by next Thursday’s General Meeting (1/12).  At that time, we will get out instructions on how to move content.

    • Idea for a meeting to socialize SPDX to more companies in the supply chain
      • I talked with Mark Radcliffe over the holidays and we came up with the idea of having a seminar/meeting that is targeted at companies in the supply chain that are potential users of SPDX.  
      • The goal would be to socialize SPDX more broadly and to engage more companies in using SPDX as part of their compliance processes.  
      • We are thinking of a 1/2 to 3/4 day meeting in the Bay Area, potentially scheduled right after the LF Collaboration Summit.  
      • We plan to discuss this idea more at the general meeting next week — so come with your ideas and thoughts.
   
Kim



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


NEW NOTICE -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 4-January-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

Happy New Year!!!

I am attempting to formulate the agenda for today's call, however, all open items are still being worked since folks are just returning from holiday.

Hence, lets cancelled today's call and meet next week same time, same place (11-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT).

I will forward a calendar invite later this AM.

Many thanks,

Rockett


Re: REMINDER -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 4-January-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

Happy New Year!!!

I am attempting to formulate the agenda for today's call, however, all open items are still being worked since folks are just returning from holiday.

Hence, lets cancelled today's call and meet next week same time, same place (11-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT).

I will forward a calendar invite later this AM.

Many thanks,

Rockett



Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

Kim Weins
 

Michael Herzog said that Philippe Ombredanne from nexB may be able to
present.

Michael and Guillaume -- can the two of you coordinate and make sure someone
submits a talk? Or you could even speak together.

Kim



On Tue 1/3/12 9:02 AM, "Guillaume Rousseau"
<guillaume.rousseau@...> wrote:

Richard, Kim,
Probably one or two people from Antelink will attend FOSDEM this
year.
Do you need extra talk submission ?
Guillaume

Le 16/12/11 16:42, Kim
Weins a écrit :
Richard - Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good
opportunity.

SPDXers -- Anyone planning to attend FOSDEM? How about some
of our
European-located members?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 10:57 AM,
"Richard Fontana"<rfontana@...> wrote:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not
listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a
sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the
first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize:
CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

-
Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins
wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we
would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that
anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about
use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are
planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and
would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as
many
events as possible.

This list is also available at
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android
Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit
a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan –
Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon
Europe – Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012
Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov -
Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall
Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650
279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter
@openlogic

_______________________________________________
Spdx
mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

Kim Weins | Senior Vice
President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter
@KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow
OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic



_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list

Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx

--
Guillaume ROUSSEAU

Antelink, Open Source Gouvernance
Architects
http://www.antelink.com/

_________________________________________
______
Spdx mailing
list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

guillaume.rousseau@antelink.com
 

Richard, Kim,
Probably one or two people from Antelink will attend FOSDEM this year.
Do you need extra talk submission ?
Guillaume

Le 16/12/11 16:42, Kim Weins a écrit :
Richard - Thanks for the info. That sounds like a good opportunity.

SPDXers -- Anyone planning to attend FOSDEM? How about some of our
European-located members?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 10:57 AM, "Richard Fontana"<rfontana@...> wrote:

FOSDEM (Feb 2012) is not listed under 'Others' but in case there is
interest in addressing a sophisticated developer audience on SPDX or
other topics, let me plug the first-ever FOSDEM Legal Issues DevRoom
which I am helping to organize: CFP:
http://info9.net/wiki/fosdem/LegalIssuesDevRoom/

- Richard




On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 09:42:13AM -0700, Kim Weins wrote:
Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk
on SPDX. We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify). It
would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user
members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not
listed) and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know
kim.weins@.... We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as
many
events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012


‧ LF
□ Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
□ Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
□ Enterprise Summit – May NY
□ LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
□ LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
□ LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
‧ Others
□ DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
□ OSCON – Jul Portland --
□ ApacheCOn – Nov - Scott Lamons willing to speak
□ EclipseCon – Mar DC
□ FUDCon – Jan VA
□ Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic

_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
--
Guillaume ROUSSEAU

Antelink, Open Source Gouvernance Architects
http://www.antelink.com/


REMINDER -- CANCELLED -- SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting, 27-December-2011

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

Hello All:

I hope and trust your holiday is going great.

As a reminder and as discussed at our last meeting, the SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting Schedule for tomorrow (27-December-2011) is cancelled due to the holiday.

Our next meeting will be 4-January-2012, at 11ET/10CT/8PT.

Many thanks,

Rockett


Canceled Event: SPDX Legal Workstream Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 28 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

This event has been canceled and removed from your calendar.

SPDX Legal Workstream Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

Cancelled until the New Year.
When
Wed Dec 28 8am – 9am Pacific Time
Where
Conference Bridge 1.877.825.8522 PIN:0376146 (map)
Calendar
spdx@...
Who
mgia3940@... - organizer
amanda.brock@... - creator
sadams@...
tony.gomes@...
feb.cabrasawan@...
rfontana@...
jmcbroom@...
Alexandra.Siegel@...
linda.shih@...
mpierovi@...
kathleen.mullins@...
rtiller@...
JOHN ELLIS
alastern@...
Mikko.Amper@...
adcohn@...
paul.madick@...
ilardi@...
areid@...
tom.incorvia@...
Mansour Ghomeshi
smortin@...
owen.james.boyle@...
scott.k.peterson@...
jilayne.lovejoy@...
bgieseman@...
Guy.Colpitts@...
pmcbride@...
tcarlson@...
spaek@...
andrew.wilson@...
barbara.reilly@...
jwacha@...
Brian Kahin
mrc@...
andrew.updegrove@...
vmah@...
mccoy.smith@...
ssemel@...
gsjones@...
kcopenhaver@...
spdx@...
spdx-legal-request@...

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account spdx@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Re: SPDX at Eclipsecon 2012 - BOF Session

Mahshad Koohgoli
 

So, here is the summary of what we could do at EclipseCon 2012 – tx to Mike Milinkovich and Anne Jacko of Eclipse.

 

a)    We have a tentative timeslot for 7 pm on Wednesday 28th March, right after an Eclipse reception.

b)    They need to know the numbers- how many people we expect to attend the BOF- so they can get the right room for us. The cut-off is 15th January.

c)     Once we have an indication of the BOF participants, then we can socialize it (through spdx channels/tweets/blogs).  Also Ian, of Eclipse marketing, will help us spread the word through Eclipse blogs, newsletters etc (thank you Ian).

 

Questions I need help with:

1)    What’s the best way to see how many will be interested in attending the BOF?  A poll through spdxxxxx@fossbazaar? Any other channels we could use?

2)    BOF session title?  How about “What’s Happening with SPDX”? (in fact better to expand SPDX in case there are still souls out there that do not know).  A better, more catchy title, would help!

 

Mahshad

 

 

From: Kim Weins [mailto:kim.weins@...]
Sent: 16-December-11 9:36 AM
To: Mahshad Koohgoli; SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: Re: SPDX at 2012 Events

 

Mahshad — Are you going to be there?

If so, would you be willing to organize the BOF?

Kim


On Thu 12/15/11 1:44 PM, "Mahshad Koohgoli" <koohgoli@...> wrote:

I think this is a good opportunity to create awareness in  Eclipse community. A BOF is a great idea. Any other takers?
 
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Mike Milinkovich
Sent: 15-December-11 1:56 PM
To: 'Kim Weins'; 'SPDX'; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: RE: SPDX at 2012 Events

The program for EclipseCon has already been finalized. But if anyone wanted to organize a meeting room or a BOF, that may still be possible.
 

From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Kim Weins
Sent: December-15-11 11:42 AM
To: SPDX; spdx-biz@...; spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...
Subject: SPDX at 2012 Events

Hi all

We have created a list of potential events where we would like to have a talk on SPDX.  We will create a few abstracts that anyone can use (or modify).  It would also be helpful to have talks about use cases from some of the end user members of SPDX.

If you are planning to be at one of these events (or an event that's not listed)  and would like to submit a talk on SPDX, please let Kim know kim.weins@....  We’ll try to coordinate so that we can cover as many events as possible.

This list is also available at http://www.spdx.org/wiki/events-2012

  • LF
    • Android Builder/Embedded – Feb CA
    • Collab Summit – Apr CA -- Kim to submit a talk
    • Enterprise Summit – May NY
    • LinuxCon Japan – Jun Yokohama
    • LinuxCon NA – Aug San Diego
    • LinuxCon Europe – Nov Barcelona
  • Others
    • DebConf Jul 2012 Nicaragua
    • OSCON – Jul Portland --  
    • ApacheCOn – Nov  -  Scott Lamons willing to speak
    • EclipseCon – Mar DC
    • FUDCon – Jan VA
    • Open World Forum -- Fall Paris?




Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com <http://www.openlogic.com>
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic


_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx



Kim Weins |
Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410  |  cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @openlogic

1081 - 1100 of 1589