Date

Improvements in the SPDX examples

Marc-Etienne Vargenau

Hello,

I suggest the following improvements in the SPDX examples.

They could be included in the final 1.1 spec.

In 4.1.6
replace
<name>glibc 2.11.1</name>
with
<name>glibc</name>

In 4.3.6
replace
<packageFileName>glibc 2.11.1</packageFileName>
with
<packageFileName>glibc-2.11.1.tar.gz</packageFileName>

This would be more realistic and align the Tag and RDF
examples.

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne

--
Marc-Etienne Vargenau
Alcatel-Lucent France, Route de Villejust, 91620 NOZAY, FRANCE

Minutes from last SPDX General Meeting

Philip Odence

All,

I neglected to include the minutes from the last meeting in my reminder email.
First order of business is to approve.

Phil

Today's SPDX general Meeting

Philip Odence

Excuse the late notice. I am traveling. Normal time/ normal agenda today.

Sent from my iPhone

Today's SPDX general Meeting

Phil Odence <podence@...>

Excuse the late notice. I am traveling. Normal time/ normal agenda today.

Re: Questions on SPDX 1.0

Gary O'Neall

Thanks Marc - I corrected the tools page per your message below.

In terms of case sensitive - I don't recall any discussion on this relative
to the entire file. I know that some of the specific fields (such as
verification code) specify case sensitivity, but only for that field.

From: Kim Weins <kim.weins@...>
Date: Wed, Feb 1, 2012 at 3:27 PM
Subject: Web Site Refresh
To: SPDX <spdx@...>, "spdx-biz@..." <spdx-biz@...>, spdx-tech@..., spdx-legal@...
Cc: stcroppe@..., Pierre Lapointe <plapointe@...>, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...>

Hi All

As you may know, we are in the middle of moving over our SPDX website to a new structure.  We are ready to start moving, editing and creating content.  I’ve attached a pdf explaining how to do that.

Below is a list of the volunteers so far.  Notice that there are some items without volunteers that I have assigned to a particular team.  The teams should coordinate to make sure that their sections get done.

You can start working on your new content now.  Keep in mind that the current site is live, so make sure you are changing the new site (as described in the instructions in the attached document).  The DEADLINE FOR MOVING CONTENT is Feb 15.

If you need help, please contact the web team or me.  The web team is Pierre, Steve Cropper and Martin and their emails are cc’d above.

Kim

Assignments
  • About SPDX
    • Background -- Phil O
    • Membership - Jack Manbeck
    • How to Participate - Jack Manbeck
    • Roles & Responsibilities - Jack Manbeck
  • Documentation
    • Current Specification – Tech team
      • Examples – Tech team
      • License List – Tech team or Jilayne
      • Usage Guidelines and FAQs – Mark Gisi
      • Vocabulary – Tech team
      • RDF References – tech team
      • Proposals – Tech team
    • Archive Specs - Kate Stewart
    • Whitepapers/Tutorials/Other Content - Kim
    • Beta Collateral - Kim
    • Launch Collateral – Kim
    • VOD’s and Webinar
  • WorkGroups
    • General - Phil O
    • Technical – Tech team
    • Legal – Legal team
    • Business - Kim
    • Website Refresh - Web Team
  • Calendar - ?
  • Blogs & Discussion - ?
  • Finding your way around this site
  • Current Activities - Kim
    • Beta Test  Kim
    • SPDX Launch - Kim
  • Tools -- Gary

--

Regards, Pierre

-----
Pierre Lapointe - +1 415 287 7643 - plapointe at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design - http://www.nexb.com
https://twitter.com/#!/dejacode - https://www.facebook.com/nexB.Inc

Re: Thursday SPDX General Meeting

Tom Incorvia

Thanks Jilayne.  A large, well-vetted, standardized and generally accepted license list is our foundation.  I volunteer to assist in timely review of the new license submissions, whether as part of the Legal Team or a separate subteam.  Tom

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

From: Philip Odence <podence@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:01 AM
To: SPDX-general <spdx@...>
Subject: Thursday SPDX General Meeting

Apologies, I am traveling again this week and will not be able to host.  (though while you are meeting I will be mentioning SPDX in a panel discussion on open security in DC)  So, Kate will host. Thanks, Kate.

Meeting Time: May 3, 8am PST / 10 am CST / 11am EST / 15:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Technical Team Report - Kate

From the legal team – the process for adding licenses to the license list has been posted on the website here: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx-license-list-process-requesting-new-licenses-be-added for comment.

From: Philip Odence <podence@...>
Date: Wednesday, May 2, 2012 9:01 AM
To: SPDX-general <spdx@...>

Apologies, I am traveling again this week and will not be able to host.  (though while you are meeting I will be mentioning SPDX in a panel discussion on open security in DC)  So, Kate will host. Thanks, Kate.

Meeting Time: May 3, 8am PST / 10 am CST / 11am EST / 15:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Technical Team Report - Kate

Legal Team Report - Jilayne

Business Team Report – Jack Manbeck/Scott Lamons

Cross Functional Issues
Website Update – Steve Cropper

Re: Thursday SPDX General Meeting

Philip Odence

Thanks, Kevin. I'm a maybe.

On 5/2/12 11:08 AM, "Kevin P. Fleming" <kpfleming@...> wrote:

On 05/02/2012 10:01 AM, Philip Odence wrote:
Apologies, I am traveling again this week and will not be able to host.
(though while you are meeting I will be mentioning SPDX in a panel
discussion on open security in DC) So, Kate will host. Thanks, Kate.
Along those lines... two of us from Digium will be attending an "Open
Source Industry Day" on May 30th in Laurel, MD that is being organized
by the NSA and OSSI. Is anyone representing the SPDX effort planning to
attend this event and present any information about SPDX? It would be
highly relevant.

--
Kevin P. Fleming
Jabber: kfleming@... | SIP: kpfleming@... | Skype: kpfleming

Re: Thursday SPDX General Meeting

Kevin P. Fleming <kpfleming@...>

[...]

Spiteful Open Source License Generator

Philip Odence

I don't mean to spam, and we don't typically use this list for fun, but I thought with all the hard work going on, it was worth lightening up everyone's weekend with some humor (only recognizable as such by open source license wonks).

981 - 1000 of 1590