From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Nuno Brito
Sent: Thursday, March 27, 2014 12:54 PM
To: spdx@...
Subject: TripleCheck 0.4

Dear SPDX group,

I'd like to announce the availability of a new SPDX editor/viewer.

Features:

- Create an SPDX document from:
-- a source code folder on disk
-- a zipped file on the network

- User interface:
-- Desktop UI
-- Access from a web browser

- Java based (tested under Windows and Linux)
- Tree navigation of files and folders
- Search features (name, hash, similar files)
- Basic SPDX editing features
- Metrics calculation (LOC, size, number of files)
- Basic license detection (detects GPL, LGPL, ...) headers in source code
- Learning function (supports plugins, new licenses, ...)

The tool is freeware, code is released under the open source EUPL.

These are the first editions, many defects are present that we'll be addressing in the upcoming months. If you have any requests or would like to report a defect, just write us back an email.

At the moment only the tag/value format is supported. On our context there wasn't much demand for supporting the XML version. An SPDX document generated by our tool writes more information that what the standard prescribes. For example, we include the hashes for other algorithms because they help us finding trails of specific files across the web.

This tool is useful if you need a quick way to visually generate an SPDX document from a set of files on your disk. We were already developing this kind of tools in the past for forensic analysis purposes, moved recently to embrace the SPDX format.

For more details and download, please visit http://www.triplecheck.de/download/

With kind regards,
Nuno Brito

--
email: nuno.brito@...
phone: +49 615 146 03187

Lori Holmes <lori@...>

Re: Google Summer of Code 2014: There are 4 student applications but no mentors registered

mjherzog

SPDX Listers

I have sent Till the email addresses for Gary and Matt and notified them....Michael Herzog

On 3/28/2014 5:25 PM, Till Kamppeter wrote:
Hi,

I am Till Kamppeter, leader of OpenPrinting, and org admin for the GSoC
at the Linux Foundation.

We got 4 student applications on SPDX at the Linux Foundation.
Unfortunately no suitable mentor has signed up and no one of us is able
to evaluate these applications.

On the project ideas list

http://www.linuxfoundation.org/collaborate/workgroups/gsoc/gsoc-2014-spdx-projects

Gary O'Neall and Matt Germonprez appear as available mentors but no
e-mail addresses to contact them.

if you are not Gary or Matt, please forward this to them. It is very
important.

Gary, Matt (or if someone else wants to volunteer), if you are reading
this, please register as mentor going to

http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2014

Near the bottom is photo with many people on it and under it the text

Mentors & Administrators
Registration with participating organizations is now open.

and an orange button labeled "Start connection". Click the button,
follow the instructions, and choose "The Linux Foundation" as your
mentoring organization.

As soon as I see your request I will approve it and then you have access
to the applications. If you want to mentor a student, set the switch
"Wish to mentor" in this application to "YES". I will assign you then
and accept that application, making it eligible for getting a student
slot in this GSoC.

Tell me also which applications are not usable so that I can mark them
as to be ignored.

I have to know the number of applications to accept before April 7. So
register as soon as possible so that you have time to read and evaluate
the applications and also to interact with the students.

Thanks in advance.

Till

Google Summer of Code 2014: There are 4 student applications but no mentors registered

Till Kamppeter <till.kamppeter@...>

[...]

Unsubscribe

Lori Holmes <lori@...>

TripleCheck 0.4

Nuno Brito

[...]

CollabSummit rides

Philip Odence

This is a late thought, but perhaps helpful. I put up a “ride board” on the wiki for anyone who might have some room or need a ride to/from.

Re: List of companies that have adopted SPDX

RUFFIN MICHEL

The customers of Alcatel-Lucent are mainly telecom operators. They just start in their RFP to ask questions on FOSS and ask list of FOSS in our products. They are far to ask things in SPDX format.

There are 2 things in SPDX the data and the XML format. So we provide the data but not under the XML format (note that we are able to provide it under XML since our tools are aligned and prepared for that).

Now if we were to exchange information with companies aligned on SPDX such as Blackduck, we will probably provide information under full SPDX format so we can automate things between our tools.

As I said XML is for tools, excel is for humans

Michel.Ruffin@..., PhD
Software Coordination Manager, N&P IS/IT
Distinguished Member of Technical Staff
Tel +33 6 75 25 21 94
Alcatel-Lucent International, Centre de Villarceaux
Route De Villejust, 91620 Nozay, France