Date

Re: Problem with PackageSourceInfo

Marc-Etienne Vargenau

Le 11/06/2012 15:16, VARGENAU, MARC-ETIENNE (MARC-ETIENNE) a écrit :
Hello,

In the SPDX 1.0 and spdx-1.1-rc20120403.pdf I read:

7.3.6 RDF: property spdx:comment in class spdx:Review
Example:
<Review>
<rdfs:comment>
All of the licenses seen in the file, are matching what was seen during
manual
inspection. There are some terms that can influence the concluded
license, and
some alternatives may be possible, but the conluded license is one of
the options.
</rdfs:comment>
</Review>

What is correct: "spdx:comment" or "<rdfs:comment>"?

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne
Sorry, the Subject of the message should read
"Problem with Review Comments"

--
Marc-Etienne Vargenau
Alcatel-Lucent France, Route de Villejust, 91620 NOZAY, FRANCE

[...]

4.9.4 Data Format: free form text that can span multiple lines.
In tag format this is delimited by <text> .. </text>.
4.9.5 Tag: “PackageSourceInfo:”
Example:
PackageSourceInfo: uses glibc-2_11-branch from git://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git.

What is wrong: the Data Format or the Example?

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne

--
Marc-Etienne Vargenau
Alcatel-Lucent France, Route de Villejust, 91620 NOZAY, FRANCE
+33 (0)1 30 77 28 33, Marc-Etienne.Vargenau@...

Re: Comments in SPDX files

Marc-Etienne Vargenau

Le 06/06/2012 01:50, kate.stewart@... a écrit :
Hello Marc-Etienne,
Good catch. Looks like you've got two bugs there, one against the translation tool, and one against the spec.

Please file the bugs from https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org,
For translation tool: Product: SPDX, Component: Pretty Printer, Version: 1.1.
For SPEC: Product: SPDX, Component: SPEC, Version 1.1
Hello Kate,

It's done. Bugs 1040 and 1041.

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne

--

kate.stewart@...

Hello Marc-Etienne,
Good catch. Looks like you've got two bugs there, one against the translation tool, and one against the spec.

Please file the bugs from https://bugs.linuxfoundation.org,
For translation tool: Product: SPDX, Component: Pretty Printer, Version: 1.1.
For SPEC: Product: SPDX, Component: SPEC, Version 1.1

Thanks! :)

Kate

From: Michael Herzog <mjherzog@...>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 09:28:02 -0700
To: Phil Odence <podence@...>
Cc: "Manbeck, Jack" <j-manbeck2@...>, "Lamons, Scott" <scott.lamons@...>, Pierre Lapointe <plapointe@...>
Subject: Re: May 31 General Meeting Minutes - IMPORTANT

Phil,

The latest version of the Vision-Mission discussion is a wiki-page at http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx-vision-mission, not the PDF file which has a lot of other topics from my original slides. The current Vision-Mission wiki-page includes the latest edits from the Business Team and focuses on the charter/vision/mission points without digging into the next level of points about product management roles and the organization in general.  We probably need to work the discussion from the top down - agree on the Vision/Mission and whether our charter is to keep developing the spec or whether we expand to developing more software.

cheers, Michael
Michael J. Herzog
+1 650 380 0680 | mjherzog_at_nexB.com
nexB [Open by Design] http://www.nexb.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is proprietary or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for its delivery to the intended recipient, do not copy or distribute it. Please permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments, and notify us immediately at (650) 380-0680.

On 5/31/2012 9:13 AM, Philip Odence wrote:

Please take the time to review Legal Team description and License List description as well as Mission/Vision work from Business Team.

Attendance: 10

May 17 minutes approved

Legal Team Report - Jilayne

  • Finalizing work defining the team's mission purpose of License List that were published two weeks ago. Please comment now or hold your peace. Latest draft:
    • Legal Work Group description:

      "The SPDX Legal Team supports and provides recommendations to the SPDX working groups regarding licensing issues for the specification itself; maintains the SPDX License List; and promotes the SPDX specification to the legal community at-large."

       SPDX License List description:

      "The SPDX License List is a list of commonly found open source software licenses for the purposes of being able to easily and efficiently identify such licenses in an SPDX document. The SPDX License List includes a standardized short identifier, full name for each license, vetted license text, other basic information, and a canonical permanent URL. By providing a short identifier, users can efficiently refer to a license without having to redundantly reproduce the full license."

  • Have been providing input to 1.1 spec to incorporate latest thinking on License List and to ensure consistent vocabulary.
  • Working to make sure new website content is up to date.
  • Turning attention back to matching guidelines. Aiming to reach closure with 1.1 release (about a month)

Business Team Report - Scott/Jack

  • Business Team is eager for feedback from other team's on Mission/Vision. Looking to come to closure in the next few weeks. Expectation is that this will help with prioritization of use cases for the 2.0 effort. Latest version (embedded in a set of slides): http://www.spdx.org/system/files/spdx_mission_review_may_2012_v2.pdf
  • Also, pulling together a description of Business Team's function. Scott has drafted and will be working on this in the next Business Team meeting.

Technical Team Report - Kate

  • 2.0 work
  • 1.1 work
    • Hoping to bring to closure in the next few weeks.
    • Near final draft to be posted next week, then open for two weeks of comment.

Cross Functional Issues – Phil

  • Website Update - Pierre
    • The effort has been rejuvinated. Content is moving to the new staging area.
    • Web team is ready to flip the switch when content is set. No date set.
    • Pierre is confirming that Steve is prepared to move wholesale sections (past meeting minutes, License List, etc.)
  • LinuxCon Papers
    • Scott submitting 1.1 update proposal
    • Gary has submitted a proposal for talking about the OSS tools

Attendees

  • Phil Odence, Black Duck Software
  • Pierre LaPonte, nexB
  • Kate Stewart, Canonical
  • Michael Herzog, nexB
  • Scott Lamons, HP
  • Jack Manbeck, TI
  • Jilayne Lovejoy, OpenLogic
  • Chuck Gaudreau, Protecode
  • Gary O'Neall, SourceAuditor
  • Mark Gisi, WindRiver

[...]

    • A little over half the use cases have been fleshed out. Others are considering in a "graveyard" unless more work gets done on them.
    • http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx-20-use-cases
[...]

Improvements in the SPDX examples

Marc-Etienne Vargenau

Hello,

I suggest the following improvements in the SPDX examples.

They could be included in the final 1.1 spec.

In 4.1.6
replace
<name>glibc 2.11.1</name>
with
<name>glibc</name>

In 4.3.6
replace
<packageFileName>glibc 2.11.1</packageFileName>
with
<packageFileName>glibc-2.11.1.tar.gz</packageFileName>

This would be more realistic and align the Tag and RDF
examples.

Best regards,

Marc-Etienne

--
Marc-Etienne Vargenau
Alcatel-Lucent France, Route de Villejust, 91620 NOZAY, FRANCE
+33 (0)1 30 77 28 33, Marc-Etienne.Vargenau@...

Minutes from last SPDX General Meeting

Philip Odence

All,

I neglected to include the minutes from the last meeting in my reminder email.
First order of business is to approve.

Phil

Today's SPDX general Meeting

Philip Odence

Excuse the late notice. I am traveling. Normal time/ normal agenda today.

Sent from my iPhone

Today's SPDX general Meeting

Phil Odence <podence@...>

Excuse the late notice. I am traveling. Normal time/ normal agenda today.

Re: Questions on SPDX 1.0

Gary O'Neall

Thanks Marc - I corrected the tools page per your message below.

In terms of case sensitive - I don't recall any discussion on this relative
to the entire file. I know that some of the specific fields (such as
verification code) specify case sensitivity, but only for that field.