Date

Agenda for Dec 16 SPDX General Meeting

Philip Odence

The SPDX General Meeting is for sharing and cross functional coordination between the Technical, Business and Legal Teams. General Meetings are currently scheduled for 60 minutes, but may only require 30 minutes.

Note there will be no General Meeting on Dec 30; we'll resume the biweekly schedule on Jan 13, 2011.

Meeting Time: Dec 16, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Web:
There does not seem to be a need to use the web for this meeting, so for now, no link.

Technical Team Report - Kate

Business Team Report - Kim

Legal Team Report - Rockett/Karen

Cross Functional Issues - Phil
Sign ups for Team mailing lists.

Action Items

  • Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and spreadsheet. PENDING
  • Kate- Add back to Spec page in wiki preferred syntax for adding comments. PENDING
  • MichaelH- Write up and share postion on "reporting" vs. "interpreting. NO UPDATE
  • PhilO- Get input on MH position from Legal Team and get resolution.
  • GaryO- Post regular meeting times on Tech Team page.
  • Rockett- Post regular meeting times on Legal Team page.
  • MartinM- Report back on # of people on respective mailing lists.

  • [Update] SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

    mgia3940@motorola.com <mgia3940@...>

    Re: Python History and License

    Tom Incorvia

    For Today’s Legal Stream Call (attached).  Tom

    Tom Incorvia

    tom.incorvia@...

    Direct:  (512) 340-1336

    From: "kate.stewart@..." <kate.stewart@...>
    Date: Wed, Dec 8, 2010 10:03 am
    Subject: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit
    To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@...>, "spdx@..." <spdx@...>, "MarkRadcliffe" <Mark.Radcliffe@...>
    Cc: "KarenCopenhaver" <kcopenhaver@...>, "LeslieRoay" <Leslie.Roay@...>

    Mark,

    That would be very cool. :) Let us know what looks possible.

    We'll be doing some brainstorming on the agenda options, and that capability would open up some nice options.

    Kate

    From: Radcliffe, Mark <Mark.Radcliffe@...>
    To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@...>, "spdx@..." <spdx@...>
    Cc: "Copenhaver, Karen" <kcopenhaver@...>, "Roay, Leslie" <Leslie.Roay@...>
    Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:53 AM
[...]

    Michael J Herzog <mjherzog@...>

    Martin,

    The meeting last year at the Collab Summit was very productive so I strongly recommend that we plan an F2F meeting. We can manage the agenda around areas where we may need participation from Kate and Rockett.

    regards, Michael

    Michael J. Herzog
    +1 650 380 0680 | mjherzog_at_nexB.com
    nexB [Open by Design] http://www.nexb.com

    CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is proprietary or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for its delivery to the intended recipient, do not copy or distribute it. Please permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments, and notify us immediately at (650) 380-0680.

    On 12/8/2010 6:29 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
    I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF Collaboration
    Summit in 2011. The CollabSummit will take place April 6-8 in San
    Francisco. Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there and we could
    request a room and use it for SPDX.

    However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be presenting
    SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which unfortunately
    conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on April 7-8
    in Amsterdam.

    Any thoughts?

    Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

    Philip Koltun

    Great minds think alike!

    I have been asked to organize a compliance track for the Collaboration Summit and would like to include SPDX briefings and updates as a significant part of the track.  (FOSSBazaar as well.) I was planning to talk initially to Kate and Phil O about SPDX presentations.  All ideas are welcome.

    Phil Koltun
    Director, Open Compliance Program
    The Linux Foundation

    On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...> wrote:

[...]

    License Meeting Minutes from today are available

    Kim Weins

    Hi Everyone

    Minutes on license meeting are now available on the wiki at the link below.

    We have a few remaining followups that are being chased down (per the minutes) and after that we will temporarily CLOSE adding of new licenses.  We need to focus on getting the license repo in place and getting license data loaded and reviewed.  Once that is done, we will define and document the process for adding new licenses to the list and re-open the list.  If you see any egregious items missing from the license list, please let us know ASAP.  Everything else will need to wait for the license repo to get in place — we’re estimating that will be about 8 weeks away.

    License List on wiki
    http://www.spdx.org/wiki/license-list

    Minutes
    http://www.spdx.org/wiki/license-subteam-minutes-20101203

    Kim

    Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
    kim.weins@...
    Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

    650 279 0410 | cell
    www.openlogic.com
    Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @OpenLogic

    OpenLogic, Inc.
    Headquarters, Broomfield, Colorado

    Updated Invitation: SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 15 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

    Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>

    This event has been changed.

    Changed: SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

    All:

    After successful work to date, the SPDX team has established 3 workstreams (Legal, Business & Technical) to further efficient continued progress of SDPX.

    Towards this end, this notice is to invite any interested attorney or software license professional to the SPDX Legal Workstream.

    The Agenda for this first Rollout meeting will be:

    (1) Outlining the Objectives of the Legal Workstream;
    (2) Summary of work done in the prior "SPDX Licensing Track", and remaining items; and
    (3) Presentation of SPDX Beta 1.0 abstracts; and fielding remaining questions from Linux Foundation Member Counsel on Beta 1.0.

    Many thanks,

    Rockett

    Motorola Inc.
    E.A. Rockett
    Senior Counsel
    Software, Applications &
    Digital Content Licensing
    (408)541-6703 (O)
    (408)541-6900 (F)
    (415)508-7625 (M)
    rockett@...

    When
    Wed Dec 15 8am – 9am Pacific Time
    Where
    Conference Bridge 1.877.825.8522 PIN:0376146 (map)
    Calendar
    spdx@...
    Who
    Esteban Rockett - organizer
    tony.gomes@...
    adcohn@...
    feb.cabrasawan@...
    Mikko.Amper@...
    rfontana@...
    jmcbroom@...
    Alexandra.Siegel@...
    linda.shih@...
    jwacha@...
    mpierovi@...
    smortin@...
    kathleen.mullins@...
    rtiller@...
    amanda.brock@...
    alastern@...
    ilardi@...
    sadams@...
    paul.madick@...
    areid@...
    owen.james.boyle@...
    bgieseman@...
    Guy.Colpitts@...
    pmcbride@...
    scott.k.peterson@...
    mrc@...
    tcarlson@...
    spaek@...
    andrew.wilson@...
    barbara.reilly@...
    gsjones@...
    JOHN ELLIS
    bkahin@...
    mccoy.smith@...
    andrew.updegrove@...
    ssemel@...
    kcopenhaver@...
    spdx@...
    spdx-legal-request@...

    Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

    Invitation from Google Calendar

    You are receiving this courtesy email at the account spdx@... because you are an attendee of this event.

    To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.

    Invitation: SPDX SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 15 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

    Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>

[...]

    Minutes from 2 Dec SPDX General Meeting and IMPORTANT notice

    Philip Odence

    IMPORTANT: We need interested folks to sign up for the respective mailing lists for the three teams (Technical, Business, Legal). In the next month or so, invitations to those teams' meetings will go only to the team lists. This general list will continue to be used to announce and circulate minutes for the General Meeting. If you need help see the memo from Martin I copied below. Or let me know if you have questions.

    FROM MARTIN M:

    As Phil mentioned during the last SPDX call, we added a number of
    mailing lists to facilitate discussions of specific areas.  This list
    (spdx@...) will continue to be used for general discussions
    but discussions about specific topics (technical development of the
    spec; rollout and other business aspects; and legal aspects) will take
    place on the other mailing lists.  If you want to participate in the
    technical, business or legal team discussions, you therefore have to
    subscribe to their mailing lists.

    You can find a link to the mailing lists on each team wiki page:

    Follow the link to the mailing list and on the page for the mailing list
    search for "Subscribing to".  Enter your email address, name (optional)
    and password and click on "Subscribe".  You will then get an email with
    a link that you have to follow in order to confirm their subscription.

    Mailing list archives are also available so you can check if you missed
    any discussions.

    If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

    SPDX License Review: Part 3 10ET/7PT

    Kim Weins

    8:00 AM - 9:00 AM December 3, 2010
    Location: See dial in below

    US  866-740-1260
    Int'l  http://www.readytalk.com/support/international-numbers.php

    ID 2404502

    Web Meeting
    Www.readytalk.com
    ID 2404502

    We will continue to work on license list issues.

    older license versions that are missing:
    -         we don’t have EUPL v1.0, MPL v1.0, NPL v1.0, other OSL versions,
    AFL, etc.

    license-specific issues:
    -         X.Net License à this is really an LGPL notice + special exception
    - should we have it as a separate license?
    -         Zlib/libpng License à note: this is the zlib license, but OSI
    calls it the zlib/libpng license.  Yet there is a different license for
    libpng:  see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt
    <http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt>

    Agenda for SPDX meeting today

    Philip Odence

    As discussed last meeting, we are evolving this to the be the SPDX General Meeting, the main purpose being sharing and cross functional coordination between the Technical, Business and Legal Teams. This will be the first General Meeting per se and we will be trying a new agenda structure.

    Meeting Time: Dec 2, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

    Web:
    Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of taking attendance. When you login PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME IN THIS FORM: Phil Odence, Black Duck Software so I can just copy/paste into minutes. THXhttp://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx2dec10

    Technical Team Report - Kate

    Business Team Report - Kim/JohnE
    Upcoming meetings
    Rollout ideas

    Legal Team Report - Rockett/Karen

    Cross Functional Issues - Phil
    Feedback on agenda format

    Action Items

    Most of the action items belong with the Teams. So, in addition to statusing, we will dispatch them to the respective teams and will not continue to track in this meeting. Action items for this meeting will be cross functional.

    • Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification  DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK FROM GARY
    • PeterW- Implement issue tracking system.  BLOCKED ON KATE
    • Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
    • Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
    • Rockett- Query status of trademark application DONE. APPLICATION IS IN AN WAITING FOR ASSIGNMENT OF A TM EXAMINER
    • All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
    • Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
    • All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
    • Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TO BE DONE
    • Michael H- Write up and share position on "reporting" vs. "interpreting."
    • PhilO- Get legal team input on Michael's position.

    L. Philip Odence
    Vice President of Business Development
    Black Duck Software, inc.
    265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
    Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502

    New SPDX mailing lists

    Martin Michlmayr

    - Technical Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/spec-development

    - Business Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/biz

    - Legal Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/legal

    Follow the link to the mailing list and on the page for the mailing list
    search for "Subscribing to". Enter your email address, name (optional)
    and password and click on "Subscribe". You will then get an email with
    a link that you have to follow in order to confirm their subscription.

    Mailing list archives are also available so you can check if you missed
    any discussions.

    If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

    --
    Martin Michlmayr
    Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard

    1381 - 1400 of 1604