Date   

[Update] SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

mgia3940@motorola.com <mgia3940@...>
 


Re: Python History and License

Tom Incorvia
 

For Today’s Legal Stream Call (attached).  Tom

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850

 

From: Tom Incorvia
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:31 AM
To: 'spdx@...'
Cc: 'Jilayne Lovejoy'; 'kate.stewart@...'; 'Esteban Rockett'; 'Kim Weins'
Subject: RE: Python History and License

 

Some additional information has been added to the Python license graphic (attached). 

 

Based on the new information, it appears that the stand alone CNRI license on opensource.org is ONLY for the licensing of the beta version of python 1.6.1.  Kate Stewart and I will confirm this with Python Legal. 

 

Tom

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850

From: Tom Incorvia
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 8:14 AM
To: spdx@...
Cc: Jilayne Lovejoy; kate.stewart@...; Esteban Rockett; Kim Weins
Subject: RE: Python History and License

 

New Proposal for SPDX license tracking related to the Python project and Python “License”:

 

1.       Track "Python License" separate from "Python License Stack". 

a.       The Python Programming Language, regardless of version, would be attributed to the stack

b.      However, other projects can be licensed specifically under the Python License (which is ONLY the first license in the stack).

 

That’s it.

 

An update to the graphic from two weeks ago is attached.  The highlighted portions are new.

 

Tom

 

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850



This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.


[Update] SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

mgia3940@motorola.com <mgia3940@...>
 

All:

A few items for today's SPDX Legal Workstream Meeting:

(A) For those not in the US, I provided International dial in numbers below.

(B) For those in Boston for the Project Harmony meeting, Karen has provided a conference room for our SPDX meeting, so we can do both @ Choate Hall & Stewart LLP.

(C) Meeting Agenda is below.

Many thanks,

Rockett

***
-- International Dial In Numbers --

Toll Free / Free Phone Conference Access Numbers for Motorola
Country
Toll free number
AUSTRALIA
1800003691
AUSTRIA
0800292117
BELGIUM
080077968
CANADA
8772832663
CHINA Netcom (CNC)*
10 800 712 3245
10 800 714 0551

CHINA Telecom (CT)*
10 800 120 3245
DENMARK
80703158
FINLAND
0800770232
FRANCE
0800941694
GERMANY
08001014510
GREECE
0080016122038641
HONG KONG
800967971
HUNGARY
0680015286
INDIA (Bharti) **
000 800 001 2005
INDIA (Reliance)
000195
INDIA (VSNL)
0008001005009
INDIA (ALL OTHER CARRIERS) **
000 800 100 6006
INDONESIA
008800105490 (mobile excluded)
INDONESIA Alternate
0018030113665 (mobile excluded)

IRELAND
1800944115
ISRAEL
1809458641
ITALY
800781687
JAPAN
00531160347
LUXEMBOURG
80023984
MALAYSIA
1 800 802 411
MONACO
80093182
NETHERLANDS
08002658218
NEW ZEALAND
0800447808
NORWAY
80057408
PHILIPPINES
180011100676
POLAND
008001114561
PORTUGAL
800819894
RUSSIA
81080022521012
SINGAPORE
800 120 0250
SOUTH AFRICA
0800990934
SOUTH KOREA
00308140426
SPAIN
900971504
SWEDEN
0201400558
SWITZERLAND
0800563963
TAIWAN, THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA
00801126569
THAILAND
0018001562038641
UNITED KINGDOM
08006920816
UNITED STATES
8772832663


-- Agenda SPDX Legal Workstream --

(1) Introductions

(2) Bridge from Licensing Interim Workstream

(3) Review minutes/issues from last Licensing SubTeam Meeting - http://spdx.org/wiki/license-subteam-minutes-20101203

(4) Discuss Current License List & Review -- http://spdx.org/licenses/

(5) Discuss License Template Creation

(6) Discuss Temporary Freeze of License List (30 days)

(7) Action - Create Process/Method to Add Licenses

(8) Any Remaining Beta 1.0 Spec Questions - http://spdx.org/spec/current


Minutes from Biz Meeting now available

Kim Weins
 

We talked primarily about the Beta program.  We will be reaching out soon to solicit participation in the beta program, and are hoping some of your companies will want to participate.

Kim

http://www.spdx.org/wiki/business-team-meeting-agendaminutes-20101209



Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @OpenLogic

OpenLogic, Inc.
Headquarters, Broomfield, Colorado





Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

Kim Weins
 

I think we would want to both do a public announcement of spdx rc and have a working meeting. I have that preso I did at owf that we can use as a starting point. I'm happy to present or help prep whatever is needed.

Kim

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone



----- Reply message -----
From: "kate.stewart@..." <kate.stewart@...>
Date: Wed, Dec 8, 2010 10:03 am
Subject: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit
To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@...>, "spdx@..." <spdx@...>, "MarkRadcliffe" <Mark.Radcliffe@...>
Cc: "KarenCopenhaver" <kcopenhaver@...>, "LeslieRoay" <Leslie.Roay@...>

Mark,

That would be very cool. :) Let us know what looks possible.

We'll be doing some brainstorming on the agenda options, and that capability would open up some nice options.

Kate

--- On Wed, 12/8/10, Radcliffe, Mark <Mark.Radcliffe@...> wrote:

From: Radcliffe, Mark <Mark.Radcliffe@...>
Subject: RE: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit
To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@...>, "spdx@..." <spdx@...>
Cc: "Copenhaver, Karen" <kcopenhaver@...>, "Roay, Leslie" <Leslie.Roay@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:53 AM
Karen Copenhaver and I are working on
coordinating a presentation between the conferences using
DLA Piper's facilities. SPDX might be a topic.

-----Original Message-----
From: spdx-bounces@...
[mailto:spdx-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Martin Michlmayr
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:29 AM
To: spdx@...
Subject: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF
Collaboration
Summit in 2011. The CollabSummit will take place
April 6-8 in San
Francisco. Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there
and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be
presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which
unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on
April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
</PRE><font face="Arial" size="2"
color="#008000">Please consider the environment before
printing this email.</font>
<br>
<br>
<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#808080">
The information contained in this email may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message
is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of
its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please reply to the sender and
destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly,
send to postmaster@....
Thank you.


<br>
</font><PRE>

_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

kate.stewart@...
 

Mark,

That would be very cool. :) Let us know what looks possible.

We'll be doing some brainstorming on the agenda options, and that capability would open up some nice options.

Kate

--- On Wed, 12/8/10, Radcliffe, Mark <Mark.Radcliffe@...> wrote:

From: Radcliffe, Mark <Mark.Radcliffe@...>
Subject: RE: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit
To: "Martin Michlmayr" <tbm@...>, "spdx@..." <spdx@...>
Cc: "Copenhaver, Karen" <kcopenhaver@...>, "Roay, Leslie" <Leslie.Roay@...>
Date: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 11:53 AM
Karen Copenhaver and I are working on
coordinating a presentation between the conferences using
DLA Piper's facilities. SPDX might be a topic.

-----Original Message-----
From: spdx-bounces@...
[mailto:spdx-bounces@...]
On Behalf Of Martin Michlmayr
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:29 AM
To: spdx@...
Subject: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF
Collaboration
Summit in 2011.  The CollabSummit will take place
April 6-8 in San
Francisco.  Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there
and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be
presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which
unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on
April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
</PRE><font face="Arial" size="2"
color="#008000">Please consider the environment before
printing this email.</font>
<br>
<br>
<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#808080">
The information contained in this email may be confidential
and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use
of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message
is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of
its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please reply to the sender and
destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly,
send to postmaster@....
Thank you.


<br>
</font><PRE>

_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

Mark Radcliffe
 

Karen Copenhaver and I are working on coordinating a presentation between the conferences using DLA Piper's facilities. SPDX might be a topic.

-----Original Message-----
From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Martin Michlmayr
Sent: Wednesday, December 08, 2010 6:29 AM
To: spdx@...
Subject: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF Collaboration
Summit in 2011. The CollabSummit will take place April 6-8 in San
Francisco. Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx
</PRE><font face="Arial" size="2" color="#008000">Please consider the environment before printing this email.</font>
<br>
<br>
<font face="Verdana" size="1" color="#808080">
The information contained in this email may be confidential and/or legally privileged. It has been sent for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). If the reader of this message is not an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication, or any of its contents, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the message. To contact us directly, send to postmaster@.... Thank you.


<br>
</font><PRE>


Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

Michael J Herzog <mjherzog@...>
 

Martin,

The meeting last year at the Collab Summit was very productive so I strongly recommend that we plan an F2F meeting. We can manage the agenda around areas where we may need participation from Kate and Rockett.

regards, Michael

Michael J. Herzog
+1 650 380 0680 | mjherzog_at_nexB.com
nexB [Open by Design] http://www.nexb.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail (including attachments) may contain information that is proprietary or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for its delivery to the intended recipient, do not copy or distribute it. Please permanently delete the e-mail and any attachments, and notify us immediately at (650) 380-0680.

On 12/8/2010 6:29 AM, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF Collaboration
Summit in 2011. The CollabSummit will take place April 6-8 in San
Francisco. Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?


Re: SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

Philip Koltun
 

Great minds think alike!
 
I have been asked to organize a compliance track for the Collaboration Summit and would like to include SPDX briefings and updates as a significant part of the track.  (FOSSBazaar as well.) I was planning to talk initially to Kate and Phil O about SPDX presentations.  All ideas are welcome.
 
Phil Koltun
Director, Open Compliance Program
The Linux Foundation

On Wed, Dec 8, 2010 at 8:29 AM, Martin Michlmayr <tbm@...> wrote:
I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF Collaboration
Summit in 2011.  The CollabSummit will take place April 6-8 in San
Francisco.  Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard
_______________________________________________
Spdx mailing list
Spdx@...
https://fossbazaar.org/mailman/listinfo/spdx


SPDX face to face at LF CollabSummit

Martin Michlmayr
 

I'm wondering if we should make any plans for the LF Collaboration
Summit in 2011. The CollabSummit will take place April 6-8 in San
Francisco. Traditionally, FOSSBazaar had a room there and we could
request a room and use it for SPDX.

However, I noticed that at least Kate and Rockett will be presenting
SPDX at the European Legal Network Conference, which unfortunately
conflicts with the CollabSummit since it takes place on April 7-8
in Amsterdam.

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard


Re: Python History and License

Tom Incorvia
 

Some additional information has been added to the Python license graphic (attached). 

 

Based on the new information, it appears that the stand alone CNRI license on opensource.org is ONLY for the licensing of the beta version of python 1.6.1.  Kate Stewart and I will confirm this with Python Legal. 

 

Tom

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850

From: Tom Incorvia
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 8:14 AM
To: spdx@...
Cc: Jilayne Lovejoy; kate.stewart@...; Esteban Rockett; Kim Weins
Subject: RE: Python History and License

 

New Proposal for SPDX license tracking related to the Python project and Python “License”:

 

1.       Track "Python License" separate from "Python License Stack". 

a.       The Python Programming Language, regardless of version, would be attributed to the stack

b.      However, other projects can be licensed specifically under the Python License (which is ONLY the first license in the stack).

 

That’s it.

 

An update to the graphic from two weeks ago is attached.  The highlighted portions are new.

 

Tom

 

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850



This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.


License Meeting Minutes from today are available

Kim Weins
 

Hi Everyone

Minutes on license meeting are now available on the wiki at the link below.

We have a few remaining followups that are being chased down (per the minutes) and after that we will temporarily CLOSE adding of new licenses.  We need to focus on getting the license repo in place and getting license data loaded and reviewed.  Once that is done, we will define and document the process for adding new licenses to the list and re-open the list.  If you see any egregious items missing from the license list, please let us know ASAP.  Everything else will need to wait for the license repo to get in place — we’re estimating that will be about 8 weeks away.

License List on wiki
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/license-list

Minutes
http://www.spdx.org/wiki/license-subteam-minutes-20101203

Kim

Kim Weins | Senior Vice President, Marketing
kim.weins@...
Follow me on Twitter @KimAtOpenLogic

650 279 0410 | cell
www.openlogic.com
Follow OpenLogic on Twitter @OpenLogic

OpenLogic, Inc.
Headquarters, Broomfield, Colorado





Updated Invitation: SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 15 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

This event has been changed.

Changed: SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

All:

After successful work to date, the SPDX team has established 3 workstreams (Legal, Business & Technical) to further efficient continued progress of SDPX.

Towards this end, this notice is to invite any interested attorney or software license professional to the SPDX Legal Workstream.

The Agenda for this first Rollout meeting will be:

(1) Outlining the Objectives of the Legal Workstream;
(2) Summary of work done in the prior "SPDX Licensing Track", and remaining items; and
(3) Presentation of SPDX Beta 1.0 abstracts; and fielding remaining questions from Linux Foundation Member Counsel on Beta 1.0.

For all those attending, please add your name to the "NEW" SPDX Legal Workstream Mailing List. You can join the Mailing List by going to the http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/legal link.

Many thanks,

Rockett

Motorola Inc.
E.A. Rockett
Senior Counsel
Software, Applications &
Digital Content Licensing
(408)541-6703 (O)
(408)541-6900 (F)
(415)508-7625 (M)
rockett@...

When
Wed Dec 15 8am – 9am Pacific Time
Where
Conference Bridge 1.877.825.8522 PIN:0376146 (map)
Calendar
spdx@...
Who
Esteban Rockett - organizer
tony.gomes@...
adcohn@...
feb.cabrasawan@...
Mikko.Amper@...
rfontana@...
jmcbroom@...
Alexandra.Siegel@...
linda.shih@...
jwacha@...
mpierovi@...
smortin@...
kathleen.mullins@...
rtiller@...
amanda.brock@...
alastern@...
ilardi@...
sadams@...
paul.madick@...
areid@...
owen.james.boyle@...
bgieseman@...
Guy.Colpitts@...
pmcbride@...
scott.k.peterson@...
mrc@...
tcarlson@...
spaek@...
andrew.wilson@...
barbara.reilly@...
gsjones@...
JOHN ELLIS
bkahin@...
mccoy.smith@...
andrew.updegrove@...
ssemel@...
kcopenhaver@...
spdx@...
spdx-legal-request@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account spdx@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Invitation: SPDX SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT @ Wed Dec 15 8am - 9am (spdx@fossbazaar.org)

Esteban Rockett <mgia3940@...>
 

SPDX SPDX Legal Workstream (Rollout) Call 11ET/10CT/8PT

All:

After successful work to date, the SPDX team has established 3 workstreams (Legal, Business & Technical) to further efficient continued progress of SDPX.

Towards this end, this notice is to invite any interested attorney or software license professional to the SPDX Legal Workstream.

The Agenda for this first Rollout meeting will be:

(1) Outlining the Objectives of the Legal Workstream;
(2) Summary of work done in the prior "SPDX Licensing Track", and remaining items; and
(3) Presentation of SPDX Beta 1.0 abstracts; and fielding remaining questions from Linux Foundation Member Counsel on Beta 1.0.

For all those attending, please add your name to the "NEW" SPDX Legal Workstream Mailing List. You can join the Mailing List by going to the http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/legal link.

Many thanks,

Rockett

Motorola Inc.
E.A. Rockett
Senior Counsel
Software, Applications &
Digital Content Licensing
(408)541-6703 (O)
(408)541-6900 (F)
(415)508-7625 (M)
rockett@...

When
Wed Dec 15 8am – 9am Pacific Time
Where
Conference Bridge 1.877.825.8522 PIN:0376146 (map)
Calendar
spdx@...
Who
Esteban Rockett - organizer
tony.gomes@...
adcohn@...
feb.cabrasawan@...
Mikko.Amper@...
rfontana@...
jmcbroom@...
Alexandra.Siegel@...
linda.shih@...
jwacha@...
mpierovi@...
smortin@...
kathleen.mullins@...
rtiller@...
amanda.brock@...
alastern@...
ilardi@...
sadams@...
paul.madick@...
areid@...
owen.james.boyle@...
bgieseman@...
Guy.Colpitts@...
pmcbride@...
scott.k.peterson@...
mrc@...
tcarlson@...
spaek@...
andrew.wilson@...
barbara.reilly@...
gsjones@...
JOHN ELLIS
bkahin@...
mccoy.smith@...
andrew.updegrove@...
ssemel@...
kcopenhaver@...
spdx@...

Going?   Yes - Maybe - No    more options »

Invitation from Google Calendar

You are receiving this courtesy email at the account spdx@... because you are an attendee of this event.

To stop receiving future notifications for this event, decline this event. Alternatively you can sign up for a Google account at https://www.google.com/calendar/ and control your notification settings for your entire calendar.


Re: Python History and License

Tom Incorvia
 

New Proposal for SPDX license tracking related to the Python project and Python “License”:

 

1.       Track "Python License" separate from "Python License Stack". 

a.       The Python Programming Language, regardless of version, would be attributed to the stack

b.      However, other projects can be licensed specifically under the Python License (which is ONLY the first license in the stack).

 

That’s it.

 

An update to the graphic from two weeks ago is attached.  The highlighted portions are new.

 

Tom

 

 

Tom Incorvia

tom.incorvia@...

Direct:  (512) 340-1336

Mobile: (408) 499 6850



This message has been scanned for viruses by MailController.


Minutes from 2 Dec SPDX General Meeting and IMPORTANT notice

Philip Odence
 

IMPORTANT: We need interested folks to sign up for the respective mailing lists for the three teams (Technical, Business, Legal). In the next month or so, invitations to those teams' meetings will go only to the team lists. This general list will continue to be used to announce and circulate minutes for the General Meeting. If you need help see the memo from Martin I copied below. Or let me know if you have questions.


Thanks,
Phil



FROM MARTIN M:


As Phil mentioned during the last SPDX call, we added a number of
mailing lists to facilitate discussions of specific areas.  This list
(spdx@...) will continue to be used for general discussions
but discussions about specific topics (technical development of the
spec; rollout and other business aspects; and legal aspects) will take
place on the other mailing lists.  If you want to participate in the
technical, business or legal team discussions, you therefore have to
subscribe to their mailing lists.

You can find a link to the mailing lists on each team wiki page:




Follow the link to the mailing list and on the page for the mailing list
search for "Subscribing to".  Enter your email address, name (optional)
and password and click on "Subscribe".  You will then get an email with
a link that you have to follow in order to confirm their subscription.

Mailing list archives are also available so you can check if you missed
any discussions.

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.


SPDX License Review: Part 3 10ET/7PT

Kim Weins
 

8:00 AM - 9:00 AM December 3, 2010
Location: See dial in below


US  866-740-1260
Int'l  http://www.readytalk.com/support/international-numbers.php

ID 2404502

Web Meeting
Www.readytalk.com
ID 2404502

We will continue to work on license list issues.

older license versions that are missing:
-         we don’t have EUPL v1.0, MPL v1.0, NPL v1.0, other OSL versions,
AFL, etc.


license-specific issues:
-         X.Net License à this is really an LGPL notice + special exception
- should we have it as a separate license?
-         Zlib/libpng License à note: this is the zlib license, but OSI
calls it the zlib/libpng license.  Yet there is a different license for
libpng:  see http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt
<http://www.libpng.org/pub/png/src/libpng-LICENSE.txt>


Agenda for SPDX meeting today

Philip Odence
 

As discussed last meeting, we are evolving this to the be the SPDX General Meeting, the main purpose being sharing and cross functional coordination between the Technical, Business and Legal Teams. This will be the first General Meeting per se and we will be trying a new agenda structure.


Meeting Time: Dec 2, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:
Conference code:  7812589502
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada):  (877) 435-0230
International dial-in number: (253) 336-6732
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be found: 
https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?ownerNumber=6053870&audioType=RP&viewGa=false&ga=OFF

Web:
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of taking attendance. When you login PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME IN THIS FORM: Phil Odence, Black Duck Software so I can just copy/paste into minutes. THXhttp://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx2dec10
 
Administrative Agenda
Attendance

Technical Team Report - Kate

Business Team Report - Kim/JohnE
Upcoming meetings
Rollout ideas
FAQ

Legal Team Report - Rockett/Karen

Cross Functional Issues - Phil
Feedback on agenda format

Action Items

Most of the action items belong with the Teams. So, in addition to statusing, we will dispatch them to the respective teams and will not continue to track in this meeting. Action items for this meeting will be cross functional.

• Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification  DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK FROM GARY
• PeterW- Implement issue tracking system.  BLOCKED ON KATE
• Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
• Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
• Rockett- Query status of trademark application DONE. APPLICATION IS IN AN WAITING FOR ASSIGNMENT OF A TM EXAMINER
• All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
• Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
• All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
• Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TO BE DONE
• Michael H- Write up and share position on "reporting" vs. "interpreting."
• PhilO- Get legal team input on Michael's position.


L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502


New SPDX mailing lists

Martin Michlmayr
 

As Phil mentioned during the last SPDX call, we added a number of
mailing lists to facilitate discussions of specific areas. This list
(spdx@...) will continue to be used for general discussions
but discussions about specific topics (technical development of the
spec; rollout and other business aspects; and legal aspects) will take
place on the other mailing lists. If you want to participate in the
technical, business or legal team discussions, you therefore have to
subscribe to their mailing lists.

You can find a link to the mailing lists on each team wiki page:

- Technical Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/spec-development

- Business Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/biz

- Legal Team: http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx/legal

Follow the link to the mailing list and on the page for the mailing list
search for "Subscribing to". Enter your email address, name (optional)
and password and click on "Subscribe". You will then get an email with
a link that you have to follow in order to confirm their subscription.

Mailing list archives are also available so you can check if you missed
any discussions.

If you have any questions or problems, please let me know.

--
Martin Michlmayr
Open Source Program Office, Hewlett-Packard


SPDX Business (Rollout) Call 11ET/8PT

Kim Weins
 

9:00 AM - 10:00 AM December 9, 2010
Location: See dial in below

US  866-740-1260
Int'l  http://www.readytalk.com/support/international-numbers.php

ID 2404502

Web Meeting
Www.readytalk.com
ID 2404502

Agenda
We will be covering several areas on the rollout plan.

1. Beta process
2. User Content - what is needed
3. Evangelism and outreach

Occurs every 2 week(s) on Thursday effective Thu 12/9/10


1321 - 1340 of 1543