From: spdx@... <spdx@...> On Behalf Of Phil Odence
Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 10:15 PM
To: spdx@...
Cc: Fukuchi, Hiroyuki (Sony) <Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@...>
Subject: [spdx] Thursday SPDX General Meeting Reminder...with interesting guest presentations.

“SPDX Lite”- Hiroyuki Fukuchi from Sony will present a proposal from the OpenChain Japan Workgroup on a slimmed down version of an SPDX doc. Big thanks to Fukuchi-san for joining us at this hour which is not very convenient for him.

We may also have another GSoC presentation; still working on that.

GENERAL MEETING

Meeting Time: Thurs, Sept 5, 8am PT / 10 am CT / 11am ET / 15:00 UTC.  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Conf call dial-in:

New dial in number: 415-881-1586

No PIN needed

The weblink for screenshare will stay the same at:
http://uberconference.com/SPDXTeam

Minutes Approval:   https://wiki.spdx.org/view/General_Meeting/Minutes/2019-08-01

GSoC Presentations

Technical Team Report – Kate/Gary

Legal Team Report – Jilayne/Paul

Outreach Team Report – Jack

Any Cross Functional Issues –All

Re: meeting now

J Lovejoy

https://www.uberconference.com/room/spdxteam works without login - FYI for anyone still trying to get in!

On Sep 5, 2019, at 9:05 AM, J Lovejoy <opensource@...> wrote:

Hi,

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Uberconference?  It seems to want a login now, which has never been the case before…

Jilayne

meeting now

Is anyone else having trouble getting into Uberconference? It seems to want a login now, which has never been the case before…

Jilayne

Thursday SPDX General Meeting Reminder...with interesting guest presentations.

Phil Odence

[...]

Re: SPDX Survey Results

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>

Exactly! :)

On 4 Sep 2019, at 08:47, J Lovejoy <opensource@...> wrote:

Very cool, Shane!

When you say sharing, do you mean to share the results so far, but also a link to the survey to collect more results? (I think another push might get some more folks to fill it out, if we all spread the word.)

Jilayne

On Sep 3, 2019, at 4:37 PM, Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...> wrote:

Hello all!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uhYUlCwQ59ZveqSsGC_0h1OxRLYRb1OZprfRHVNYfys/edit#responses

Looking good.

Shall we start sharing on social media? If we all take a show, and include a link to the survey, I think we can get some more useful data.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

Re: SPDX Survey Results

J Lovejoy

[...]

Gary O'Neall

Great information - very insightful.

Thanks Shane!

+1 on sharing on social media.

Shall we start sharing on social media? If we all take a show, and include
a link
to the survey, I think we can get some more useful data.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: coughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

SPDX Survey Results

Shane Coughlan <coughlan@...>

Hello all!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1uhYUlCwQ59ZveqSsGC_0h1OxRLYRb1OZprfRHVNYfys/edit#responses

Looking good.

Shall we start sharing on social media? If we all take a show, and include a link to the survey, I think we can get some more useful data.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: coughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

Re: SPDX General Meeting

Hiro Fukuchi

Thank you, Phil-san.

---

Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@...)

Sony

From: "spdx@..." <spdx@...> on behalf of Hiro Fukuchi <hiroyuki.fukuchi@...>
Date: Thursday, August 29, 2019 at 9:25 AM
To: "spdx@..." <spdx@...>
Cc: "openchain-japan-wg-licinf@..." <openchain-japan-wg-licinf@...>

Hi Phil-san and all,

My name is Hiro Fukuchi from Sony.

I am a member of the OpenChain project Japan workgroup.

Can I join the next uberconference and explain about the background of the SPDX Lite which is being proposed by Japan workgroup.

I am creating the slides for explanation.

---

Hiro Fukuchi (Hiroyuki.Fukuchi@...)

Sony

When: 201995日木曜日 11:00-12:00 (UTC-05:00) 東部標準時 (米国およびカナダ)
Where: Bridge info enclosed

When: Occurs every month on the first Thursday of the month from 11:00 AM to 12:00 PM effective 8/2/2018 until 1/1/2020. (UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)
Where: Bridge info enclosed

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I’m extending this recurring meeting to run through 2019. Please accept so it is updated on your calendar, however no need to send a response to me.

New dial in number: 415-881-1586
No PIN needed
The weblink for screenshare will stay the same at:
http://uberconference.com/SPDXTeam

Working with Python maintainers to adopt SPDX license expressions

Philippe Ombredanne

All:
I started working with the Python community to draft what we call a
PEP (Python Enhancement Proposal) to adopt SPDX license expressions to
document the license of Python packages.
You can join the discussions here:
https://discuss.python.org/t/improving-license-clarity-with-better-package-metadata/2154/57
And see, comment and propose updates to the draft PEP here:
https://github.com/pombredanne/spdx-pypi-pep/pull/2
--
Cordially
Philippe Ombredanne

+1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne@...
DejaCode - What's in your code?! - http://www.dejacode.com
AboutCode - Open source for open source - https://www.aboutcode.org
nexB Inc. - http://www.nexb.com

Re: SPDX 2019 Survey - Ready for your thoughts - Let's collect data

Phil Odence

Thanks, Shane, for your work on this and for sending out.

SPDXers,
in addition to sharing your thoughts, please forward to anyone colleagues or acquaintances whom you think might have a useful perspective.

Phil

On 8/6/19, 5:32 PM, "spdx@... on behalf of Shane Coughlan" <spdx@... on behalf of coughlan@...> wrote:

Dear all

The SPDX 2019 Survey is now open and accepting contributions:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__forms.gle_h958R6kkvFhxRJtz7&d=DwIFAg&c=DPL6_X_6JkXFx7AXWqB0tg&r=6RejxoO58WZ8e0SKjO9DwnbnAWbcLSaQRQp3CZDH85w&m=aQam-BJyZPypGLr32LS3C2O_wHyP41mqY3R_zeeLbnY&s=JDrekKfFj8YxDxZ7wpimHqc54vZdBsJx0pv-fwfrndc&e=

Please help us with building out information regarding the status of the community and what we need to do next. The survey should only take 3~5 minutes.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain

Schedule a call:
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__calendly.com_shanecoughlan&d=DwIFAg&c=DPL6_X_6JkXFx7AXWqB0tg&r=6RejxoO58WZ8e0SKjO9DwnbnAWbcLSaQRQp3CZDH85w&m=aQam-BJyZPypGLr32LS3C2O_wHyP41mqY3R_zeeLbnY&s=WCdJEEFPfF2XvjP-nhu-qi2_R2mQAVRW9gdR5EBGfbQ&e=

https://forms.gle/h958R6kkvFhxRJtz7

Please help us with building out information regarding the status of the community and what we need to do next. The survey should only take 3~5 minutes.

Regards

Shane

--
Shane Coughlan
General Manager, OpenChain
e: coughlan@...
p: +81 (0) 80 4035 8083
w: www.openchainproject.org

Schedule a call:
https://calendly.com/shanecoughlan

SPDX Aug General Meeting Minutes

Phil Odence

https://wiki.spdx.org/view/General_Meeting/Minutes/2019-08-01

General Meeting/Minutes/2019-08-01

< General Meeting‎ | Minutes

·         Attendance: 11

·         Lead by Phil Odence

·         Minutes of July meeting approved

Contents

 [hide

·         1 Special Presentations - Umang Taneja, Tanjong Smith, GSoC

·         2 Tech Team Report - Kate/Gary

·         3 Legal Team Report - Jilayne/Paul/Steve

·         4 Outreach Team Report - Kate

·         5 Cross Functional -

·         6 Attendees

Special Presentations - Umang Taneja, Tanjong Smith, GSoC[edit]

·         Umang

·         License submittal workflow automation

·         Aim is to enhance user experience

·         Compare submitted text against existing licenses to see if there’s duplication or close match

·         Problems he’s trying address

·         What if the license is on the list, proposed, rejected…or a close match to one of those

·         Current XML formatting- word-wrap doesn’t match license

·         Also creating/documenting an API

·         Tasks:

·         Create API- use without logging in, so can be accessed by other tools

·         Create License Matcher- looks for exact and close matches

·         Returns all matches and close matches

·         Compare with not accepted as well as rejected licenses.

·         Reports appropriately according to match

·         Relies on user input regarding whether to go ahead with submittal

·         Improve formatting of generated license

·         Screenshots available at: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NMcLZVXxBV2PZobPJh1OugbCfC2d8kbAOX4m4TauEYk/edit?usp=sharing

·         Some discussion of how the workflow should work with close matches

·         Aiming for demo in future Legal Team meeting

·         Tanjong

·         License namespace

·         A way to name valid licenses outside of the License List

·         Created namespace and UI

·         Also a mechanism for turning into a license request

·         Took feedback from the joint/legal team meeting

Tech Team Report - Kate/Gary[edit]

·         Spec

·         Progress on Appendix for including other fields in the source like the license ID

·         Keeping scope at file level

·         Tags with SPDX prefix

·         Allows to make it easier for tools to pick up.

·         Source file analysis

·         Philip demoed

·         Heavy testing mode

·         Tools

·         GSoC

·         Continues to go very well

·         All students passed second evaluation

·         Looking for feedback from community:

·         License matching algorithm approaches

·         Some encoded rules

·         Some depended on XML markup

·         Should we encode in XML or handle programmatically? (Discuss with Gary)

Legal Team Report - Jilayne/Paul/Steve[edit]

·         License List

·         3.6 version went out last month

·         Working issues in 3.7

·         Good input/support from Tech Team

·         Recent meetings have been joint with Tech Team

·         Very helpful at this point

Outreach Team Report - Kate[edit]

·         Shane has readied the survey

Cross Functional -[edit]

·         None

Attendees[edit]

·         Phil Odence, Black Duck/Synopsys

·         Matthew Crawford, ARM

·         Umang Taneja, GSoC

·         Tanjong Smith, GSoC

·         Steve Winslow, LF

·         Gary O’Neall, SourceAuditor

·         Kate Stewart, Linux Foundation

·         Paul Madick, Dimension Data

·         Mark Atwood, Amazon

·         Jilayne Lovejoy, Canonical

·         Jack Manbeck, TI

Today SPDX General Meeting Reminder...More Google Summer of Code Updates

Phil Odence

Please excuse the later reminder. I was shocked this morning to notice it’s August already. Was thinking we had a week.

We will be joined by at least one, maybe two, of our Google SoC students to present their work. Please join.

GENERAL MEETING

Meeting Time: Thurs, Aug 1, 8am PT / 10 am CT / 11am ET / 15:00 UTC.  http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Minutes Approval: https://wiki.spdx.org/view/General_Meeting/Minutes/2019-07-11

GSoC Presentations

Technical Team Report – Kate/Gary

Legal Team Report – Jilayne/Paul

Outreach Team Report – Jack

Any Cross Functional Issues –All

Re: In favour of what are §4.9–4.11 deprecated?

Gary O'Neall

Hi Matija,