I thought it might be useful to include the text of the minutes in my monthly reports, so intend to start doing so.
For the last 30 mins of the April General Meeting, the Tech Team will give a high level presentation of the 2.0 model on which we have converged, intended for anyone on any team who has not been involved in the details of 2.0.
- Attendance: 10
- Minutes of Feb meeting approved
- Lead by Phil Odence
Biz Team Report - Jack (unable to attend, but provided written summary)
- Agenda is fixed for Linux Collab and posted on the SPDX web site. LF will publish as well.
- Tech Report Framework is almost complete. Will be ready to go by Collab.
- We have a new co-chair, Mikael Söderberg from Pelagicore
- We are looking at documenting an SPDX ecosystem and generating vertical specific whitepapers on using SPDX.
Legal Team Report - Jilayne
- Calendar Invite
- Some issues with old ones; light attendance at last meeting as a consequence
- Please delete. Everyone on the LT should have a new one from Mike Dolan.
- Fedora List
- Still pushing to get through by CollabSummit
- Goal is to cover as much as possible of the Fedora "good list" on SPDX License List
- Jilayne doing lots of work herself; appreciating any help.
- CollabSummit- Focus for legal meeting with be on the expression language.
Tech Team Report - Gary
- Two main threads of late:
- Applying real examples to the 2.0 model
- Working out how to upgrade Tag Value format to handle new model
- Sorting through three proposals: Extending current approach, JSON, RDF
- There had been two models, one more evolutionary, one more revolutionary
- Now focused on one based on the more evolutionary approach.
- Tech team will present model at the next General Meeting, April 3
Cross Functional Issues – Phil
- OSI Collaboration Update
- We have had some interaction, but have not yet set up a joint meeting
- 2.0 Language on SPDX.org
- No feedback
- Need to review post CollabSummit
- License Expression Syntax - MarkG
- One more meeting planned prior to CollabSummit
- Aiming for draft and examples for face to face discussion
- Hoping for closure at CollabSummit
- Phil Odence, Black Duck
- Scott Sterling, Palamida
- Pierre Lapointe, nexB
- Kirsten Newcomer, Black Duck
- Jilanyne Lovejoy, ARM
- Mike Dolan, Linux Foundation
- Mark Gisi, Wind River
- Mary Hardy, Qualcomm
- Gary O'Neill, Source Auditor
- Tom Incorvia, MicroFocus