From: Guillaume Rousseau <guillaume.rousseau@...>
Date: Friday, December 28, 2012 4:30 AM
To: "spdx@..." <spdx@...>
Subject: Re: on the variability of BSD and MIT licenses

Hi Daniel,
Yes indeed, it looks to be  really great regarding SPDX relevance to adress and describe large scale situation.
I guess you will push some of your recommendation in the Tech/Legal WG to upgrade
http://spdx.org/wiki/spdx-license-list-match- guidelines

Season's greatings.

Guillaume

Le 27/12/12 20:31, D M German a écrit :
Hi everybody,

This term I taught a course on Intellectual Property and Software
Development. the students were expected to conduct some research as part
of the evaluation. One of them, Trevor Maryka (who I think is also
subscribed to this list) took on the problem of trying to determine how
'variable' are the BSD and the MITs and what this means for their
standardization under SPDX. he makes a set of recommendations to SPDX
(see section 5). I am attaching his paper. It is, in my opinion, very
good news for SPDX.

--
Daniel M. German                  "Beauty is the first test; there is no
                                   permanent place in the world for ugly

Guillaume ROUSSEAU
CEO, Co-Founder, Antelink
Président, Cofondateur, Antelink

18, rue Yves Toudic, 75010, Paris 10ème, France
http://www.antelink.com/
Office : +33 1 42 39 30 78

Join spdx@lists.spdx.org to automatically receive all group messages.