From the minutes:
Our implicit path had tied a fixed license list of licenses to the
spec rev, but JohnE put forth an impassioned argument as to why they
should be decouples...
I throw my support behind JohnE proposal. It addresses many of the
issues I have discussed before.
(hopefully I can make wake up in time for the meeting, but it is tough
to only have 5 hrs of sleep :)
On Wed, Sep 8, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Philip Odence
Per discussion late meeting, agendas will be going out in bodies of emails
and minutes will go out as links to archive at spdx.org.
I'll strive to get minutes out a week in advance, though I'm behind this
time. Here's where they are posted (note that Kate is still editing, so they
won't be final until tonight) http://www.spdx.org/wiki/minutes-26aug2010
Meeting Time: Sept 9, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 GMT
Conf call dial-in:
NOTE: THIS NUMBER IS DIFFERENT FROM PAST NUMBERS AND WILL BE CHANGING IN THE
Conference code: 7812589502
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada): (877) 435-0230
International dial-in number: (253) 336-6732
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of
taking attendance. When you login please include your full name and company
name, so I can just copy/pate into minutes. THX.
Approval of minutes
Outreach and evangelism:
Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilO
Industry Venues – PhilR
Website – PhilO/Martin
Roll Out Plans - KimW/JohnE
Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in
the Wiki. http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/specification
• PhilO/Martin - Update on participation page where to join (suggestion was
to put link in text, not just at top, consider "I want to use the spec, vs.
I want to contribute to the spec" in navigation section.
• Kate- Transfer document (.pdf) back to WIKI.
• PhilO- Update standard presentation with LinuxCon2010 input
• Kate- Clean up the sharing analysis to what is accurate.
• Kate- Publish the current version number of the specification in brackets
• Kim/PhilO- Add and element of 'What's in this for me?" to presentation
• JeffL (w/Bill/Gary- Update zlib based on new specification
• All- Look for new examples to add to site.
• PhilK- Explore possibility of LF hosting source for SPDX tools.
• Gary- Explore other possible hosting options
• PhilO- Start making minutes available via link.
• BillS- Start up RDF sub-group. Solicite members.
SPEC - current status and open areas - Kate
RDF focus group - current status - Bill
Tools - update from Gary, and others.
L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502
http://www.networkworld.com/community/odence (my blog)
Spdx mailing list
Daniel M. Germanhttp://turingmachine.org