- new version of License List uploaded
Re: new version of License List uploaded
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
After looking this over, we are pretty well aligned with two exceptions
- Debian excludes the “.0” on ends of versions (eg Apache-1 instead of Apache-1.0)
- Debian uses GFDL for GNU Free Documentation License and we use FDL.
I would be fine with changing out names to match Debian on both the items above. That makes it easy and saves us from trying to negotiate changes.
On Fri 1/14/11 2:00 PM, "Jilayne Lovejoy" <Jlovejoy@...> wrote:
I just uploaded v1.5 of the License List spreadsheet and accompanying guidelines/notes document to the SPDX website here:
This version reflects adds a column for comparison to the Debian short name protocols and list (http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/) and some comments where there were differences in license long names. Notes/observations/questions re: these additions below (this is also listed on the Word doc associated with the license):
- Column added for comparison to Debian license list short names:
- If left blank, then license not on Debian list
- If short name is the same, then “same” entered in this column
- If short name is different, then Debian variation entered here
- Debian uses Expat license instead of MIT; Expat is not on SPDX list ??
- Debian identifies GPL font and SSL exception which were not on SPDX list; font exception was added to SPDX list
- Should we add the SSL exception? It looks like a suggestion more than a standard exception based on the info contained in a link. I’ve never seen this one before – anyone have any thoughts on this?
- SPDX list had exceptions not on Debian list, but short names using Debian short names rules listed in this column
- Debian lists Perl as a license, but this is really a disjunctive licensing situation with either GPL or Artistic; it doesn’t seem like “Perl” should be listed as a separate license in this case as there are other scenarios like this
- Added other GFDL v1.1 and v1.3 to license list, as they were missing
- Debian lists GNU Free Documentation License with no invariant sections à did not add this… ??
Jilayne Lovejoy | Corporate Counsel
720 240 4545 | phone
720 240 4556 | fax
1 888 OpenLogic | toll free
Headquarters, Broomfield, Colorado 80021
Spdx mailing list
Join firstname.lastname@example.org to automatically receive all group messages.