- artifactof proposal ratified... but couldn't post comment (Martin?)
artifactof proposal ratified... but couldn't post comment (Martin?)
Per our call, I attempted to comment on the ratification of the artifactof proposal by commenting on the wiki page
Unfortunately, the wiki told me my comment triggered the spam filter and wouldn’t save it.
Here is the comment (Martin?)
“2010-11-18 general call feedback
“By choosing to reference DOAP model, we are tacitly approving that an SPDX document may include with it additional information which is in the DOAP vocabulary.
We are requiring that an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser be able to understand only the 2 fields from DOAP (name and homepage).
If additional information from DOAP is included within the SPDX document, an SPDX 1.0 compliant parser may silently ignore the additional information.
Folks on the 2010-11-18 general call accepted the ArtifactOf proposal, and rejected the 'File origin' proposal.”
On 11/17/10 5:23 PM, "Philip Odence" <podence@...> wrote:
Meeting Time: Nov18, 8am PDT / 10 am CDT / 11am EDT / 16:00 UTC. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html
Conf call dial-in:
Conference code: 7812589502
Toll-free dial-in number (U.S. and Canada): (877) 435-0230
International dial-in number: (253) 336-6732
For those dialing in from other regions, a list of toll free numbers can be found: https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do? <https://www.intercallonline.com/portlets/scheduling/viewNumbers/viewNumber.do?> ownerNumber=6053870&audioType=RP&viewGa=false&ga=OFF
Note, we will be using a different URL for each meeting for purposes of taking attendance. When you login PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR FULL NAME IN THIS FORM: Phil Odence, Black Duck Software so I can just copy/paste into minutes. THX. http://blackducksoftware.na6.acrobat.com/spdx8nov10/
Approval of minutes
Outreach and evangelism:
Common Messaging/Presentation – PhilORoll Out Update - KimW/JohnE
Industry Venues – PhilR
Website – PhilO/Martin (defer to Org Structure discussion)
Legal Update - Rockett
SPDX Group Organizational Structure - PhilO
Note: Drafting related action items are embedded in the Wiki. http://www.spdx.org/wiki/spdx/specification
• Dave - Clean up the WIKI to only have analysis visible that reflects current spec. ON HOLD FOR MARTIN TO PROVIDE PRIVS; SHOULD BE UNDERWAY
• Dave/JeffL - Update zlib based on new specification DONE, BUT AWAITING FEEDBACK
• PeterW- Implement issue tracking system. BLOCKED ON KATE
• Kate - submit ids to Linux Foundation so infrastructure setup can proceed - PENDING
• Kate- Draft example for LF Member Counsel; include XML and corresponding spreadsheet (or spreadsheet-like) format. PENDING
• Phil R - Update Industry Events. IN PROCESS
• Rockett- Mail out trademark policy draft to SPDX list. WAITING FOR SIGNOFF BY LF
• Rockett- Query status of trademark application TBD
• Kim- Send out invite for next licensing meeting. DONE. WILL INCLUDE FOLKS FROM DEBIAN.
• All- Review 6 months mail and contrast against licensing group spreadsheet. FOR NEXT LICENSE GRP MEETING
• All- If you can't attend meeting, post feedback/vote to list on 5.6/5.7 proposals. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MTG.
• Kate- Write up formal proposal on SHA field change and mail to list. IN PROCESS
• All- Review SHA field change proposal for technical flaws; if so, discuss on list. FOR TECH AGENDA NXT MEETING
• Kate- Add back to SPEC page in WIKI preferred syntax for adding comments. TBD
Spec Status Update- Kate
License Group Update- Kim
RDF Group Update- Bill
Resolution on recommendation of proposal 2 by RDF teamRepository Changes- Kate
L. Philip Odence
Vice President of Business Development
Black Duck Software, inc.
265 Winter Street, Waltham, MA 02451
Phone: 781.810.1819, Mobile: 781.258.9502
http://www.networkworld.com/community/odence (my blog)
Knowledge Base Manager
Black Duck Software Inc.
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.