- SPDX DocFest - Sept 16, 2021 - Call for Participation
SPDX DocFest - Sept 16, 2021 - Call for Participation
As a follow-up to this morning SPDX general meeting, below is the information on the upcoming SPDX DocFest:
The SPDX project will be hosting an initial working "DocFest" to bring together the producers of SPDX documents and walk through the differences between tools for the same artifacts. Artifacts included in the DocFest will include sources, build assembly, containers, and executable images that can be analyzed.
The goals of this DocFest are to:
1) come to agreement on how the fields should be populated for a given artifact
2) identify instances where different use cases might lead to different choices for fields and structures of documents
3) assess how well the NTIA SBOM minimum elements are covered
4) create a set of reference SPDX SBOMs as part of the corpus for further tooling evaluation.
This event will require "sweat equity" - participants are expected to have generated at least one SPDX document from the target set (either source, built from source, built image or container equivalent). Those who have signed up and have submitted files by September 3, 2021, will receive a meeting invite to the DocFest.
To indicate interest to participate, please fill in the following form:
Further details on how to participate will be mailed to those that have filled in the form on August 6, 2021.
DocFest Organizers (Rose, Gary, Kate)
Join email@example.com to automatically receive all group messages.