Re: SPDX Feb General Meeting Minutes
Thanks for the updates.
From: "spdx@..." <spdx@...> on behalf of "kstewart@..." <kstewart@...>
I've gone in and updated the tech section to put links into some of the
items we discussed and added details of Asia SPDX tech call.
Please let me know if you want me to revert.
Tech Team Report - Kate/Gary
· Applying to participate in GSoC for 2019
· Variety of proposals on Wiki: https://wiki.spdx.org/view/GSOC/GSOC_ProjectIdeas
· We’ll hear back end of Feb 26 if we are selected.
· Steve Winslow has contributed new Go libraries to SPDX to support generating SPDX documents see: https://github.com/spdx/tools-golang
· He also created a tool to scan the kernel looking for SPDXIDs that Kate used for her talk at LCA to get latest status of the Kernel.
· Go Steve!
· Discussing Mark Atwood's Idea for alternative name spaces for companies licenses that are not open source.
· Spec can handle via "LicenseRef-"
· What guidance do we provide?
· Unblocking contributions to 2.2
· Kate is working with Thomas to unblock contributions to 2.2 (switch master over to 2.2 from 2.1.1)
· We will be starting to take pull requests into 2.2 spec, for features approved, please assign issue to yourself if you want to write up the feature.
· Focus for next few months
· Started a tech call in Asia friendly time
· Call will be on 2nd Tuesday of each month 10am Japan/12pm Australia (and 5pm PST Monday) on https://www.uberconference.com/SPDXTeam
· First topic will be SPDX-lite discussion that's started in the OpenChain workgroup.
On Thu, Feb 7, 2019 at 11:02 AM Phil Odence <phil.odence@...> wrote: