Re: MarkDown conversion of specification live on SPDX GitHub
This is excellent work. I want to link to the HTML spec from the website. Is it possible to label the 2.1 version so only that shows up on a link?
From: spdx-bounces@... [mailto:spdx-bounces@...] On Behalf Of Steenbergen, Thomas
Sent: Monday, July 03, 2017 4:53 PM
Subject: MarkDown conversion of specification live on SPDX GitHub
Wanted to let you all know that after several months in the making I pushed my MarkDown conversion of the SPDX specification 2.1 to https://github.com/spdx/spdx-spec/
· Working on GitHub and using MarkDown should make it easier for people to contribute either via Git, editing files online or by filling issue
· Specification now be build as HTML, PDF, ePUB or Mobipocket
· HTML version is now mobile friendly and PDF has a table of contents
· Every change on master branch is automatically build and deployed as HTML to https://spdx.github.io/spdx-spec/ (using Travis CI)
· Simplified lay-out as MarkDown has some limitations compared to Google Docs. See for example table of contents – no section included due not being able to directly link to sections within different chapters
· Write CONTRIBUTING.md - explain to contributors how they can participate in shaping future version of the specification. Propose we discuss best workflow in the next call.
· Minor issues - broken links, lay-out issues or spelling mistakes in original specification
· Introduce workaround for MarkDown shortcomings in HTML version
· Automate publishing of PDF, ePUB, Mobipocket to GitHub Releases for a new version of specification
· Upgrade to GitBook 4.x when it becomes available
All fixes will be made on the development/2.1.1 branch. If you find something feel free to send me an email or raise an issue.
Principal Engineer Open Source Governance and Policy
HERE Deutschland GmbH, Place of Business: Invalidenstraße 116, 10115 Berlin, Germany – Commercial Register: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 106443B - USt-IdNr.: DE 812 845 193 - Managing Directors: Michael Bültmann, Robertus A.J. Houben