New date for SPDX DocFest - Nov 30th (was Re: [spdx-tech] Registration open for SPDX DocFest on Nov 11th)

Kate Stewart

Hello SPDX tooling community,
    Based on our discussions on the Tuesday SPDX tech call, we're going to adjust the date of the DocFest to avoid Nov 11th (which is a holiday in several countries).

The new dates for the DocFest are as follows:

Producers First draft Nov 4

Producers Final draft Nov 11

Consumer Nov 18

DocFest Nov 30

For those that have indicated interest already,  thank you!   We'll be mailing out the details of test cases to work with early next week, as we're using the extra time to include a few more language specific options in the test set.

Thanks,

Kate, on behalf of the DocFest organizers.

On Mon, Oct 17, 2022 at 8:14 AM Ivana Atanasova via lists.spdx.org <iyovcheva=vmware.com@...> wrote:

Hello SPDX tooling community,

SPDX is hosting another DocFest on November 11, 2022 - 8am-12am PST. The purpose of this event is to bring together producers and consumers of SPDX documents and discuss differences between tool output and understanding for the same software artifacts.

The SPDX project will be hosting another "DocFest" to bring together the producers and consumers of SPDX documents and walk through the differences between tools for the same images.

The goals of this DocFest is to:

1) come to agreement on how the fields should be populated for a given artifact, with a focus on the new 2.3 fields, but those that generate 2.2 are welcome.

2) identify instances where different use cases might lead to different choices for fields and structures of documents

3) assess how well the NTIA SBOM minimum elements are covered

4) create a set of reference SPDX SBOMs as part of the corpus for further tooling evaluation.

The organizers will share a small set of simple targets to those that sign up to participate by Oct 18th.

This event will require "sweat equity" - participants whose tools produce documents are expected to have generated at least one SPDX document  from the target set (either source,  built from source,  built image or container equivalent). Those who have signed up and have submitted at least the first draft by Oct 25 will receive a meeting invite to the DocFest. Final due by Oct 31.

Participants whose tools consume will have until November 4th to share evidence and be invited to participate in the DocFest.

To indicate interest to participate, please fill in the following form:

https://forms.gle/xnb4nuFXomNPEp3v5

Further details on how to participate will be mailed to those that have filled in the form.

Thanks,

DocFest Organizers  (Adolfo, Gary, Ivana, Kate, Nisha)

Dick Brooks

Thanks, Kate.

This date works much better for REA.

Thanks,

Dick Brooks

Active Member of the CISA Critical Manufacturing Sector,

Sector Coordinating Council – A Public-Private Partnership

Never trust software, always verify and report!

http://www.reliableenergyanalytics.com

Email: dick@...

[...]

Anthony Harrison

Is this event still going on tomorrow? If so what are the arrangements?

Regards

Anthony

Kate Stewart

Hi Anthony,
    Yes,  meeting is going on tomorrow, starting at 7am PST.
Look for a calendar invite to arrive shortly.