Time 10AM/US Pacific Time 7AM)? Likewise for Alexios, Thomas and Kate?

Best wishes,

Sebastian

On Mon, Nov 14, 2022 at 01:05:34PM +0000, Manbeck, Jack via lists.spdx.org wrote:
I will not be able to make it as well. Seems I have a conflict now with the time change.

Jack

From: Spdx-outreach@... <Spdx-outreach@...> On Behalf Of Phil Odence via lists.spdx.org
Sent: Monday, November 14, 2022 7:59 AM
To: Zavras, Alexios <alexios.zavras@...>; Spdx-outreach@...
Subject: [EXTERNAL] SPDX Outreach Team call

All, I will be in motion traveling so will miss.

I have drafted a two page, high-level paper on SPDX in Security. I've not yet gotten feedback from Thomas but did run it by GaryO who thought it was pretty good. Once Thomas looks at it I'll update and distribute more broadly. For planning purposes, I think it will be good to go by the end of the month.

From: alexios.zavras@...<mailto:alexios.zavras@...>
When: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM November 14, 2022
Subject: SPDX Outreach Team call
Location: https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Recurring invitation for the weekly meeting of the Outreach Team to coordinate public relations efforts and discuss current projects.

Everyone is welcome!

Join us at https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting__;!!A4F2R9G_pg!a_MT5ZhKbqzZGJC89SPzDBukaV3rPsR8mjaY3Tb-7tt4d63uXbRk19gpzzWtFPM2J6Tc3OAeD2ILKyPW6MCGoy_kVB1lDNsP$>

-- zvr

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http:/www.intel.de__;!!A4F2R9G_pg!a_MT5ZhKbqzZGJC89SPzDBukaV3rPsR8mjaY3Tb-7tt4d63uXbRk19gpzzWtFPM2J6Tc3OAeD2ILKyPW6MCGoy_kVJcXowD8$>
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich

Re: SPDX Outreach Team call

Sebastian Crane

Dear Phil,

All, I will be in motion traveling so will miss. I have drafted a
two page, high-level paper on SPDX in Security. I’ve not yet gotten
feedback from Thomas but did run it by GaryO who thought it was
pretty good. Once Thomas looks at it I’ll update and distribute more
broadly. For planning purposes, I think it will be good to go by the
end of the month.
Good to hear that! I'm looking forward to reading it. I'll be running
a meeting time poll for the special security-focused Outreach Team
meeting that Jeff Schutt suggested; do you think discussion around
your paper would be relevant to such a meeting?

Best wishes and a safe journey,

Sebastian

Re: SPDX Outreach Team call

Manbeck, Jack

From: alexios.zavras@...
When: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM November 14, 2022
Location: https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Recurring invitation for the weekly meeting of the Outreach Team to coordinate public relations efforts and discuss current projects.

Everyone is welcome!

-- zvr

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich

SPDX Outreach Team call

Phil Odence <phil.odence@...>

From: alexios.zavras@...
When: 9:00 AM - 9:30 AM November 14, 2022
Location: https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Recurring invitation for the weekly meeting of the Outreach Team to coordinate public relations efforts and discuss current projects.

Everyone is welcome!

-- zvr

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich

Re: SPDX Outreach Team call

Sebastian Crane

Dear all,

In light of Alexios and Phil's emails, please consider the SPDX
Outreach Team meeting today (on the 31st of October) cancelled. I've
gone down with a virus myself, so my condition is hardly adequate to
chair the meeting anyway :(

Hope to see you all next week, by which time we will all happily be in
our respective standard time zones!

Best wishes,

Sebastian

On Mon, Oct 31, 2022 at 01:10:08PM +0000, Phil Odence via lists.spdx.org wrote:
All,
Apologies, I can’t make it today. Because Alexios is the host and the US is behind Europe in changing clocks, the meeting has moved on US calendars to a time that conflicts with another meeting for me. Also, Alexios has a conflict himself (nothing to do with the time change).
Phil

From: alexios.zavras@...
When: 10:00 AM - 10:30 AM October 31, 2022
Location: https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Recurring invitation for the weekly meeting of the Outreach Team to coordinate public relations efforts and discuss current projects.

Everyone is welcome!

-- zvr

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich

Outreach Team meeting reminder - 2022-09-26 at 15:00 UTC - informal chat!

Sebastian Crane

Dear all,

It seems we don't have any items for the agenda today, so we'll just
have an informal chat instead and catch up with each other's news! If
you have other commitments, by all means give this week's meeting a
miss. Feel free to join at:

https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Best wishes,

Sebastian

Re: Outreach Team meeting cancellation - 2022-09-19

Phil Odence <phil.odence@...>

Thanks, Seabass, for being proactive.

From: Spdx-outreach@... <Spdx-outreach@...> on behalf of Kate Stewart <kstewart@...>
Date: Monday, September 19, 2022 at 8:15 AM
To: Sebastian Crane <seabass-labrax@...>
Subject: Re: Outreach Team meeting cancellation - 2022-09-19

Thanks Sebastian.

On Mon, Sep 19, 2022, 1:14 PM Sebastian Crane <seabass-labrax@...> wrote:

Dear all,

I'm writing to inform you that today's Outreach Team meeting will be
cancelled. We don't have any outstanding agenda items, and needless to
say, I'm sure many of us will be viewing the Queen's funeral at this
time, online if not in person.

Additionally, I have been working exclusively on the PDF edition of
the SPDX specification during the past week and therefore don't have
any further updates about the website rebuild to share today.

Hope to see you next week at the normal time.

Best wishes,

Sebastian

Re: Outreach Team meeting cancellation - 2022-09-19

Kate Stewart

[...]

New Change Proposal process

J Lovejoy

Dear SPDX community,

As mentioned on a couple of the general calls some time ago, the Steering Committee has been working on a Change Proposal template and process to facilitate communication, prioritization, and decision-making as to what major changes the project will work on.

As the community has grown, we want to ensure we have a way to discuss new ideas in a timely manner, decide on what will get implemented, and then follow-through on that plan. Many projects use a template for describing new ideas and proposals, which ensures everyone is clear on what is being proposed, why, and how it fits into the bigger picture.

To this end a new GitHub repo has been created (https://github.com/spdx/change-proposal) with a description of the process and a Change Proposal template.  Having a separate repo will provide a place for new ideas to start and make it easier to manage notifications. The intention is that this process will be used for more significant changes - not day-to-day activities or things already in flight. As to what changes use this process or not, we will refine guidance on that as needed.

We also thought it’d be good for a Steering Committee member to lead by example and submit the first Change Proposal. To that end, Alexios has volunteered to do so!

Thanks to Vicky Brasseur and Ria Schalnat for their excellent help in drafting this and the Steering Committee for bringing it to fruition.

Jilayne
(on behalf of SPDX Steering Committee)

Outreach Team meeting reminder - 2022-08-22 at 13:00 UTC

Sebastian Crane

Dear all,

We'll be having our weekly SPDX Outreach Team meeting today, at 13:00
UTC! This will be the first weekly meeting this year as we move from
our monthly schedule.

Please feel free to join at:

https://meet.jit.si/SPDXOutreachMeeting

Minutes will be taken at:

https://spdx.swinslow.net/p/spdx-outreach-minutes

Our agenda for today is:

15 minutes: Website layout (sidebar and member logos)
5 minutes: New member introductions
10 minutes: AOB

You are welcome to propose agenda topics for next week's meeting
either here on the mailing list or during the 'AOB' of this meeting.

Best wishes,

Sebastian

SPDX Outreach Team call

Alexios Zavras

Recurring invitation for the weekly meeting of the Outreach Team to coordinate public relations efforts and discuss current projects.

Everyone is welcome!

-- zvr

Intel Deutschland GmbH
Registered Address: Am Campeon 10, 85579 Neubiberg, Germany
Tel: +49 89 99 8853-0, www.intel.de
Managing Directors: Christin Eisenschmid, Sharon Heck, Tiffany Doon Silva
Registered Office: Munich

Re: Outreach Team meeting reminder - 2022-08-18 at 15:00 UTC

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Well, nuts. I wish I'd checked this mailing list folder earlier so I'd have seen this message in time.

I'm looking forward to having an updated calendar invite so I'll have less of an excuse to miss these going forward. __

--V

From: Spdx-legal@... <Spdx-legal@...> on behalf of Steve Winslow <swinslow@...>
Date: Saturday, July 30, 2022 at 12:06 PM
To: J Lovejoy <opensource@...>
Cc: SPDX-legal <Spdx-legal@...>, spdx@... <spdx@...>, Spdx-tech@... <Spdx-tech@...>, Spdx-outreach@... <Spdx-outreach@...>
Subject: Re: [spdx-tech] Important changes to software license information in Fedora packages (SPDX and more!)

Jilayne, this is awesome news -- thanks for passing it along!

Looking forward to us working with the Fedora community to support them adding SPDX license IDs across the distro.

Steve

On Fri, Jul 29, 2022 at 12:21 PM J Lovejoy <opensource@...> wrote:

Hot off the press!

Link to blog post of this here: https://communityblog.fedoraproject.org/important-changes-to-software-license-information-in-fedora-packages-spdx-and-more/

Thanks for the support on this from SPDX-legal. There is more work to come, for sure, but being able to use SPDX license identifiers in a full distro is a great challenge for our project to meet!

:)

Jilayne

Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2022 11:19:48 -0400
From: Matthew Miller <mattdm@...>
To: devel-announce@...

----------------------------------

-------------------

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm@...>

Re: Changing meeting time, frequency, length

Kate Stewart

That time works for me most weeks.

Thanks Vicky!

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 4:44 PM VM (Vicky) Brasseur via lists.spdx.org
<vm.brasseur=wipro.com@...> wrote:

Hello, Outreachers!

In today’s call we discussed moving the meeting to make it easier for more folks to participate more often.

The suggestion on the table is a 30 minute call every Monday at 13:00 UTC (check what that is for you: https://everytimezone.com/s/0f0c5fd3 ).

What do you think of this idea?

--V

--

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

Director, Senior Strategy Advisor

Open Source Program Office

Wipro Limited

⏰ Time Zone: Pacific/West Coast US

'The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com'

Internal to Wipro

FW: Changing meeting time, frequency, length

VM (Vicky) Brasseur

One vote in favour from Pete!

--V

From: Pete Allor <pallor@...>
Date: Thursday, July 21, 2022 at 15:52
To: VM Brasseur <vm.brasseur@...>
Subject: Re: Changing meeting time, frequency, length

CAUTION:This email is received from an external domain. Open the hyperlink(s) & attachment(s) with caution.
.

VM,

That would work for me and allow me to participate.

Pete

On Thu, Jul 21, 2022 at 3:47 PM VM (Vicky) Brasseur via lists.spdx.org <vm.brasseur=wipro.com@...> wrote:

[...]

Pete Allor, Director, Red Hat Product Security - Secure Engineering

(m) 1-404-200-4630

'The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. www.wipro.com'

Internal to Wipro

Re: Changing meeting time, frequency, length

Phil Odence <phil.odence@...>

I would try to join in that timeslot.

Alexios’s enthusiasm is contagious!

From: Spdx-outreach@... <Spdx-outreach@...> on behalf of Alexios Zavras <alexios.zavras@...>