license html files for the license repository
In the SPDX tech face to face meeting we discussed adding the license information to the spdx website at spdx.org/licenses. Attached is the output of a tool that converts the license spreadsheet to a set of html files.
This uses the latest version 1.7 of the spreadsheet which I believe is final for Beta.
The file index.html contains a table. We would like to add this to the website. If you want to modify the look and feel of any of the pages, feel free to change – if you email me back an example of the index html file and one of the license files and any modified .css files, I’ll update the tool to produce that style (I’m hoping you just need to change the .css files ;)
Note: I did need to modify the format of the spreadsheet slightly to make it through the tool. I change the name of sheet1 to “Licenses” and removed the leading space from cell A1 “ Full name of License”. Attached is an updated spreadsheet (version 1.7g).
I also noticed that there are 4 licenses which do not have any text:
Let me know if you have any questions.
Jilayne Lovejoy <jilayne.lovejoy@...>
Hi Gary and everyone,
I could not open the spreadsheet you said, as I got a corrupted message, but in any case, I made the changes/additions you mentioned below and re-uploaded a “v1.8” to the SPDX site at http://spdx.org/wiki/working-version-license-list (in both Excel and OpenOffice formats – finally... :)
I don’t know what happened to those license texts – one of them I had a “not found” note, yet I found it this time looking. In any case, the license text for the license you list below has been added to this newest version.
As for your html files – looks great! My only feedback is that where it lists the url it just shows “www” as the hot link. Is there anyway for that to show the actual url address?
Two other license list related things – is there anyway to change the link for the License List that is on Specification page (here: http://spdx.org/node/2456 ) to the link above?
Also, the license list page has ALL the uploads of each version – this seems a bit messy and potentiall confusing. Would it be better to delete the older versions, so only the current one is listed? Or do we want to keep all the prior versions for transparency/archival purposes?
On 4/8/11 11:06 AM, "Gary O'Neall" <gary@...> wrote:
Jilayne Lovejoy | Corporate Counsel
720 240 4545 | phone
720 240 4556 | fax
1 888 OpenLogic | toll free
10910 W 120th Ave, Suite 450
Broomfield, Colorado 80021
toggle quoted message Show quoted text
Thanks Jilayne for the updates and review. I just downloaded the 1.8 version of the spreadsheet and I can not open it in excel (the open office version worked fine). It turns out that the application, however, does not have any problems with it.
I removed the license text referenced below and I was able to convert. Other than that, the new license spreadsheet works fine.
I fixed the bug with the bad name for the external license links – they are now the entire URL.
I’ll leave the site link questions to Martin.
Attached is an updated set of HTML pages.
From: Jilayne Lovejoy [mailto:jilayne.lovejoy@...]
Sent: Monday, April 11, 2011 1:48 PM
To: Gary O'Neall; Martin Michlmayr
Cc: spdx-tech@...; spdx-legal@...; spdx-biz@...
Subject: Re: license html files for the license repository
Hi Gary and everyone,
|1 - 3 of 3|