New License Request

Maciej Wereski <m.wereski@...>

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm not sure weather this should be considered BSD 4-Clause, so I've
decided to submit request.

Full Name of License:
BSD 4-clause Caldera License

License Identifier (aka "SPDX Short Identifier"):
BSD-4-Clause-Caldera

Source/url:
http://www.lemis.com/grog/UNIX/

Indicate whether the license is OSI-approved:
No

Reason to add:
This license is used in some older software (e.g. The Traditional Vi).

kind regards,
--
Maciej Wereski
Samsung R&D Institute Poland

Tom Incorvia

Hello Maciej and SPDX,

Due primarily to the licensing information stated prior to the slightly modified BSD-4-Clause, I would recommend that this be reviewed by SPDX as a license distinct from the BSD-4-Clause.  The platform limitations, in particular, appear to make this a distinct license.

Thanks,

Tom

Tom Incorvia; tom.incorvia@...; O: (512) 340-1336; M: (215) 500 8838; Shoretel (Internal): X27015

I'm not sure weather this should be considered BSD 4-Clause, so I've decided to submit request.

Full Name of License:

BSD 4-clause Caldera License

License Identifier (aka "SPDX Short Identifier"):

BSD-4-Clause-Caldera

Source/url:

http://www.lemis.com/grog/UNIX/

Indicate whether the license is OSI-approved:

No

Reason to add:

This license is used in some older software (e.g. The Traditional Vi).

kind regards,

--

Maciej Wereski

Samsung R&D Institute Poland

Samsung Electronics

m.wereski@...

Dennis Clark

New License Request, with Tom's comments, added to

On Tue, Apr 1, 2014 at 6:44 AM, Tom Incorvia <tom.incorvia@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Maciej,

As per discussion on the SPDX Legal Call today, this license will be added to the next version of the SPDX License List.

Thanks for your request!

SPDX Legal Team co-lead
opensource@...

On Apr 1, 2014, at 4:07 AM, Maciej Wereski <m.wereski@...> wrote:

Dear Ladies and Gentleman,

I'm not sure weather this should be considered BSD 4-Clause, so I've
decided to submit request.

Full Name of License:
BSD 4-clause Caldera License

License Identifier (aka "SPDX Short Identifier"):
BSD-4-Clause-Caldera

Source/url:
http://www.lemis.com/grog/UNIX/

Indicate whether the license is OSI-approved:
No

Reason to add:
This license is used in some older software (e.g. The Traditional Vi).

kind regards,
--
Maciej Wereski
Samsung R&D Institute Poland
Samsung Electronics

Dennis Clark

Proposed license accepted in v1.20.  Because of significant differences in license terms, it was decided by the SPDX legal team to call this license the Caldera License (Caldera) rather than BSD 4-clause Caldera License (BSD-4-Clause-Caldera), even though the text is generally structured in a manner similar to the BSD-4-Clause.

Regards,
Dennis Clark
nexB Inc.