call Thursday, agenda
Just a reminder that we have our legal conference call tomorrow, Thursday at 10am PT. We have quite a bit to cover!
Agenda will include:
1) new license requests: (see email threads with more info for each)
- Intel Microcode (not really open source… see my email response from earlier tonight)
- FTLK (LGPL-2.0 with FTLTK exception) (see my email response from earlier tonight - should be added to our exception list for 2.0 release in Feb)
- SIG GLX Public License - on the Fedora “bad” list…
2) other license issues:
- SMLNJ is same as StandardML-NJ - The latter one (StandardML-NJ) was just added as of v1.20 of the license list and as part of the Fedora list review. The former (SMLNJ) has been on the list for as of v1.17. How none of us caught this duplication is beyond me, but glad it was caught. To fix, I guess we’ll have to deprecate the later one for the next release (*sigh*) – thoughts?
— furthermore, do we need a template for this license?
- No Limit Public License - http://spdx.org/licenses/NLPL - do we really need a template for this license?
- Abstyles License - http://spdx.org/licenses/Abstyles - do we really need a template for this license?
- Fair License - http://spdx.org/licenses/Fair - last sentence - do we really need to templatize or should this simply not be considered part of the license?
3) Standard header field on SPDX License List - had discussed removing on previous call, but need to discuss more
4) Review the License Expression FAQ - here: http://wiki.spdx.org/view/LicenseExpressionFAQ
Jilayne & Paul
SPDX Legal Team co-leads