From: Sam Ellis
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2014 8:28 AM
To: Jilayne Lovejoy
Subject: SPDX StandardML-NJ versus SMLNJ

Hi Jilayne,

A few SPDX questions… I noticed that the SPDX licenses for StandardML-N and SMLNJ are identical except for the copyright holder.

What is the SPDX policy with regards to whether licenses with different copyrights but identical in all other respects are considered the same or separate licenses?

On a related point, I notice that the Apache 1.1 and Entessa licenses differ by copyright holder, and in the final paragraph that explains the origins of the software.

Since the actual license terms otherwise seem identical (unless there is some implied legal implication in the final paragraph), I am curious as to the reasoning behind having them listed separately.

--

Sam Ellis, DS-5 Engineering Manager,

Product Engineering Group,                 Tel: +44 (0) 1223 400516

System Design Division,                    Fax: +44 (0) 1223 400887

ARM Ltd., 110 Fulbourn Road,               skype:armsamellis

Cambridge, CB1 9NJ                         mailto:sam.ellis@...

Join Spdx-legal@lists.spdx.org to automatically receive all group messages.