to-do's for 2.0
It was only Alan and I on the call today. We didn’t feel this was enough people to make decisions. However, we have work to do and a limited amount of time to do it in.
“minutes” for today are posted (and included below) which are really not minutes so much as a list of things that need to get done.
PLEASE review and use the mailing list to address as much as possible.
1) Revised schedule for 2.0 update - SPDX Core Team met and discussed the schedule for 2.0: proposed idea is to do a release candidate of 2.0 by mid-November with the idea of getting people to start using it, testing, etc. and official release for Collab Summit in Feb. This way, by the time of the official release, we can present test case examples and have it more vetted since it's a big change. Legal Team need to sort out:
* * we have 2 more calls between now and then: Oct 16th (Jilayne will not be available) and Oct 30th - so we cannot just rely on calls to get stuff done!!! **
Tasks for 2.0:
2) License Matching Guidelines - do these licenses need templates?
3) MPL-2.0 - how do we deal with the two variations in light of the new license expression syntax?
4) Zimbra License issue:
Zimbra 1.3 is on SPDX list - http://spdx.org/licenses/Zimbra-1.3 This license uses “VMWare” throughout and states in the beginning: "VMVMware, Inc., a Delaware corporation having its principal place of business at 3401 Hillview Avenue, Palo Alto, California 94304 ("VMware”)” and at the end: "All disputes arising out of this Agreement involving VMware or any of its subsidiaries shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the federal or state courts of northern California, with venue lying in Santa Clara County, California.”
The SPDX License List also lists for another url: http://www.zimbra.com/license/zimbra-public-license-1-3.html However, this (now) simply redirects to version 1.4 link: http://www.zimbra.com/legal/zimbra-public-license-1-4
A merge-and-compare of version 1.3 and version 1.4 at this link, shows that it is the same license except: - “VMWare” is replace with “Zimbra” throughout; - VMWare is a Texas Corporation, as stated in the beginning of the license; and - at the end of the license, it states instead: "Zimbra 1.4 (not on SPDX list) - Zimbra, Texas Corporation, and "All disputes arising out of this Agreement involving Zimbra or any of its parents or subsidiaries shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the federal or state courts of Northern Texas, with venue lying in Dallas County, Texas."
What to do????
5) What to do about this BSD-3-Clause variation: https://www.codeaurora.org/cgit/quic/la/kernel/lk/plain/app/aboot/aboot.c?h=master Which has “...FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE DISCLAIMED.” in the disclaimer, where the usual language omits “AND NON-INFRINGEMENT”