Correct handling of snippets
At REUSE, we currently discuss how to correctly handling snippets from a
third party, potentially under a different license [^1]. Since we strive
to make as much use of SPDX as possible, I wonder about how you would
I saw that SPDX uses the following tags instead of FileCopyrightText and
* SPDX-SnippetCopyrightText: Foo Bar
* SPDX-SnippetLicenseConcluded: CC-BY-SA-4.0
This raised a bunch of questions:
* How would one mark the begin and end of a snippet?
* "LicenseConcluded" is quite different from the well-known
License-Identifier [^2], so not very intuitive for developers. Is
there some kind of alias that people can use?
* Is was asked how one could refer the source of the snippet.
[^2]: I am aware that SPDX favours camel-case tag names nowadays.
Max Mehl - Programme Manager - Free Software Foundation Europe
Contact and information: https://fsfe.org/about/mehl | @mxmehl
Become a supporter of software freedom: https://fsfe.org/join