I have received a preliminary positive report from OSI’s license committee on the Cryptographic Autonomy License v.1.0, or “CAL”.
The CAL also includes a built-in “Combined Works Exception” that seems like it would fit with your exception grammar.
1. Provide a proposed Full Name for the license or exception:
Cryptographic Autonomy License, v1.0, or
Cryptographic Autonomy License version 1.0, with Combined Work Exception”
2. Provide a proposed Short Identifier.
CAL-1.0 or CAL-1.0-with-exception
3. Provide a functioning url reference to the license or exception text, either from the author or a community recognized source.
4. Create and attach a text file with the license or exception text from the url provided in #3.
5. Indicate whether the license is OSI-approved (see: http://www.opensource.org/licenses/alphabetical) or whether it
has been submitted for approval to the OSI and is currently under review.
It is currently under review and I expect approval.
6. Provide a short explanation regarding the need for this license or exception to be included on the SPDX License List, including identifying at least one program that uses this license.
I expect this will be approved by the OSI shortly. As soon as it is approved, Holochain will be moving to use it.
*** Notice from Dykema Gossett PLLC: This Internet message may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure. It is intended for use only by the person to whom it is addressed. If you have received this in error, please (1)
do not forward or use this information in any way; and (2) contact me immediately. Neither this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor anything else in this message is intended to constitute an electronic signature unless a specific statement
to the contrary is included in this message.