Finished testing license XML list (for now)

Gary O'Neall

I just completed testing all of the license XML files against the license text from the current license list or text copied from the upstream “other web pages for this license”.


I found a few error in the previous release license texts in the process and created pull requests to fix any issues found or fixable in the license-list-XML repo.


Below are links to the pull requests.  If there are no objections, I’ll go ahead and merge those into the master branch.


We also need the following PR merged: CC-BY-ND-2.0: Return to CC-BY-ND-2.0 (had CC-BY-ND-3.0 text)


If you’re interested in the test files, they are in a pull request to the test files repository: Add a directory of files used for testing the license list website generating code


Note that there were a lot of changes to the SPDX library and tools used to generate the website pages.  If you would like to use the library to match licenses using the license-list-XML generated data, be sure to pull the latest code.





Gary O'Neall

Principal Consultant

Source Auditor Inc.

Mobile: 408.805.0586

Email: gary@...


Join { to automatically receive all group messages.