Re: meeting minutes
On Fri, Aug 7, 2015 at 6:39 AM, J Lovejoy <opensource@...> wrote:
For the last two calls:
http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team/Minutes/2015-08-06Adding matching markup inside the reference license texts will
eventually lead to un-resolvable conflicts:
- markup will make a license text no longer a reference
- it will make it less readable or unusable as such
- it may damage or transform a reference text in unwanted ways
It would be simpler to separate the two cleanly:
1. Reference license texts, not modified for matching.
They may contain lightweight markup for the purpose of clarity, not
2. Arbitrarily marked-up texts for matching modified as needed.
They may contain heavy markup to the detriment of clarity.
Each can then have their own contribution and review paths: texts with
the legal team, markup with the tech team.