toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Also, regarding 2.0 - please check out the revised SPDX License List v2.0-rc2 on the web here: http://spdx.org/licenses/preview/
Changes have been made as per our discussions last call (pasted below for easy reference). so we’ll review again to see if any more changes are needed.
1) SPDX License List 2.0-release candidate is up!!
- In following the spec, this is a release candidate available for testing, etc., but the official released version is still v1.20 found in the usual places. We looked through the web pages and identified some areas of improvement as follows:
- Add text at top to make clear that this is release candidate, not official release yet for extra clarification
- Deprecated licenses - need to change sentence in description to match reality (links do still work)
- Exceptions page (and link) - need to add better/more descriptive language that ties it to the expression syntax
- in terms of where to put link to Exceptions - should be higher up, not included with the bullets that are more about process or background info
- add new paragraph after general description and before "other information relevant"
- add link to License Expression Syntax (to spec) in list of "other relevant information" with explanation
- also need to review (and update as needed) Overview, Matching Guidelines, and and Request a New License
- --> Jilayne to put up above info and edits; people can review before next call on Jan 22
You should have gotten a repeating invite for our usual call time on every other Thursday. Dial-in info can be found here: http://wiki.spdx.org/view/Legal_Team
Agenda for today’s call:
- W3C Document Notice and License
- W3C W3C Document License
- W3C Software Notice and License (1998-07-20)
2) 2.0 update
3) Collab Summit overview (coming up soon!)
Jilayne & Paul
SPDX Legal Team co-leads
Spdx-legal mailing listSpdx-legal@...